best brand subwoofer

I have 1 JL 13.5" W6v2 and a 500/1 and people always ask how many 12's I have lol. I tell them it's just 1 sub and their mouths drop.

people always ask me the same thing in the summer and when they find out its 2 10inch mtx's their like whaaaaa:eek:
and i tell people its not just the subs its the box too and setup you use ???
my setup is i turn my whole trunk into a box by porting the trunk into the car so all the bass goes in the car and not stay in the trunk plus it eliminates trunk lid rattle and the expence of dinamating

people always ask me the same thing in the summer and when they find out its 2 10inch mtx's their like whaaaaa:eek:
and i tell people its not just the subs its the box too and setup you use ???
my setup is i turn my whole trunk into a box by porting the trunk into the car so all the bass goes in the car and not stay in the trunk plus it eliminates trunk lid rattle and the expence of dinamating
I did the same thing back when I had my Accord.

Seat folded down
l.jpg

inside the trunk

l.jpg

I still had to Dynomat EVERYTHING, and had rattles after that, but it wasn't just the trunk rattling lol.

:thumbsup: nice setup man ...thats one way of porting into the car my setup was a lil different but for a trunk car that is the right kind of box because thats the one i use for my 10s :thumb: but my box faces the other way which utilizes the trunk space and actually creats almost double the sound pressure level ...
which is controlled sound pressure .

:hijacked: Yeah, I guess mine wasn't really "ported" in from the trunk. It was faced forward, and the only way to do that and have it sound right is to seal off the trunk completely so there is no pressure in the trunk. most of the "box" than you can see, isn't really the box at all, but just cosmetic peices, There is about 6 cans of Great stuff insulating foam in that car lol.

Here are a few pics of the original set up, then some of the front facing build.
l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

imagejpeg_2-9.jpg

mine was done alil simpler because i like to use my trunk still and i did it so everything can come out in 10 min lol

Nice!

Mine definately didn't come out in 10 min lol, and I'm just glad the dealer didn't look in the trunk when I traded the Accord in lol. Bare metal and Insulating foam EVERY WHERE :P

thats an awsome setup tho bro the only thing was that it was fixed into the car so once its in its in untill you sell the car lol
that was done from scratch nice !

it was all under the carpeting so they wouldnt know nothin unless they had a reason to check like a car fax saying the car got hit from behind so you were all good in the hood lol:thumbsup:

Don't go for kenwood or pioneer, they are Walmart garbage. Although the AVH double din series are bad ***. As a car audio sales man I would suggest 3 brands that will give u perfect sound if u install right. Alpine, JL, and Rockford Fosgate P3. I actually have 2 10" P3 in my si.

Got my subs in,along with the new tweeters,simply love it.Whats the best "break in" method?

Got my subs in,along with the new tweeters,simply love it.Whats the best "break in" method?

I saw that you replaced the tweeters and mids separately. Any reason you didn't go with Polk's component set?

They were 150 a pair, I got the Dxi 650 s for 75.00 each and the tweeters for 65, the tweeters have a crossover and I kinda like the slight extra highs in he doors and rear. I heard a car with tweeters only in the front and didn't care for it. I'm glad I went this route,I like rock,metal country, so it fits me well.

They were 150 a pair, I got the Dxi 650 s for 75.00 each and the tweeters for 65, the tweeters have a crossover and I kinda like the slight extra highs in he doors and rear. I heard a car with tweeters only in the front and didn't care for it. I'm glad I went this route,I like rock,metal country, so it fits me well.

I am looking at a set of DB6501 for $105 on Amazon. Basically, I am just curious as to the quality of the crossover with this set as opposed what comes stock in the car.

Back