best high performance batteries for hot and cold climates

luckyakuma

Quebec, Canada
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
I'm trying to get feed back from anyone on what the best high performance batteries are for our civic si's. All types are welcomed but please bare in mind I live in Canada so I experience extreme hot and cold over here. A lighter weight battery as well would be a nice option. Thanks very much to all for the help and have a good rest of your day or night!

do you know the weight of the oem batteries in our si's? or Monk.. thanks guys
NO! .... I'm not interested in weight, since I'm not racing it, or driving hard enough to make a difference.
I like these Optima's for their reliability. I've been running them since the 80's, and get about 6 to 8 years out of them. I lived in Denver most of the time I used them, lot's of temp variations, and the car stayed out side with no charger help, never had an issue.

Reactions: Nix
NO! .... I'm not interested in weight, since I'm not racing it, or driving hard enough to make a difference.
I like these Optima's for their reliability. I've been running them since the 80's, and get about 6 to 8 years out of them. I lived in Denver most of the time I used them, lot's of temp variations, and the car stayed out side with no charger help, never had an issue.
thanks for the detailed answer monk, makes decisions that much easier for me. which optima are you using now? and which ones have you used?

Last edited:
thanks for the detailed answer monk, makes decisions that much easier for me. which optima are you using now? and which ones have you used?
Right now I'm still use the batt that came with my car, but will get the yellow one in time.
I was using the red ones in the past, but my cars didn't have all the electronics this car has, yellow it will be.

Right now I'm still use the batt that came with my car, but will get the yellow one in time.
I was using the red ones in the past, but my cars didn't have all the electronics this car has, yellow it will be.
Cool and thanks again Monk

Thanks for the like Monk and any time that fight gets a little rough I'll be more than glad to do my best and medic a smile on that face of yours... after all grasshopper will never become mantis from just sitting around right? he he

Back