Best mods for handling Civic SI 2015

xeroxp

Hello 9th civic,
Recently I sold my 2009 civic si coupe for a 2015 AS civic si sedan and I want to mod it for better handling. I am running on a mid ranged budget and I want the most bang for my buck.
1. Suspension
2. Rear sway bar
3. Wider tires
4. Front sway bar
5. HFP rims?
I want to get these mods in this order, but probably will hold back on the wider tires and FRONT sway bar for some time.
Any advice from 9th? Also, what suspension/sway bar should I run? Does the 2015 civic si sedan even have HFP suspension? I know the 2014 si is exactly the same as the 2015's.
Btw, I am located in SoCal area, 626 area and work in OC, if any 9th Civics want to sell me anything. Much appreciated.
Thanks!

I don't believe there is an HFP suspension for our 14-15's, however springs/coils to stiffen up the ride in conjunction with lighter wheels/grippier tires should do wonders

I would start with a sway bar it's the cheapest mod. Lighter wheels and sticky summer tires will also help you but that's far more expensive.

Well all three I've driven in have had some form of forced induction, so it was still there on launch. But yeah, substantially less.

Good distinction. Bolt-ons/stock...nearly non-existent. FI...considerable improvement.

I'm going to go NA after my suspension/rear sway. Would you recommend eibach sportline or proplus?

I couldn't tell you. You'll have to literally take measurements after you've set the preload from the fender to the tire. Then lower it to your desired height.

I couldn't tell you. You'll have to literally take measurements after you've set the preload from the fender to the tire. Then lower it to your desired height.
Thanks a lot! I'm going to install them tomorrow. Everyone on this forum have been very helpful and friendly compared to other 9th gen forums. :)

I finished installing my coil overs today. However my rear coils are about a quarter inch lower than my front coils. I need to fix that in a few days when I'm less tired. Installing these d2 coils were easy, it was adjusting them and taking out the 9th gen springs that were a pain in the ***.

Also I seem to have some pieces left over. 4 rubber O grommets. And 2 brake line brackets....was I supposed to use them lol.

Pictures coming soon...once I fix the rear height in a few days. And get an alignment.

Back