Bluetooth and Rear view camera question.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Just have a couple questions about the Bluetooth and rearview camera.
1st question is when I get a text it reads ok but when I reply back it never gets close to what I am trying to say. (I assume some of it could be just my phone) but also if I get a phone call the person on the other side can't understand what I am saying at all. And when my wife was driving my car and I called her I got to witness it first hand. It sounds like someone taking in a tin can. It just sounds horrible. Has anyone ran into this problem. I have a 2013 SI.

My 2nd question is when I go in reverse most of the time my camera works perfectly. But then there are times when it turns on for a split second then either goes black or to a static screen.

I have all factory equipment and has never been touched. Any tips or help would be helpful.

My '13 Si had similar issues. The blank screen in reverse was very intermittent. It might have happened 5 times over the two years I had the car. I was able to narrow it down to it happening in very cold weather. It's not normal obviously but you're not the only one this has happened to.

I'm not sure I understand the connection between your review mirror and Bluetooth. I have heard other members getting the mic changed in their cars because of poor sound/voice quality received on the other end.

Humm I might have to give this a shot. The only bad thing is I bought my car 85 miles away. But if they will fix it for free it would be worth it. Thanks man.
that your closest dealer? Doesn't have to be where you bought it

My '13 Si had similar issues. The blank screen in reverse was very intermittent. It might have happened 5 times over the two years I had the car. I was able to narrow it down to it happening in very cold weather. It's not normal obviously but you're not the only one this has happened to.

I'm not sure I understand the connection between your review mirror and Bluetooth. I have heard other members getting the mic changed in their cars because of poor sound/voice quality received on the other end.
Yeah it doesn't do it much it only does it at random times. Maybe 1 time every 2 months or so. As far as being cold it stays warm where I am located it happened when it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit out.
But if I put it back in 1st and back to reverse it is fine. I just hope it's not going to go out on me.

My Bluetooth mic was bad and was replaced under warranty, people on the other side of the conversation reported the same sound you're describing. Also, that could be the issue with your speech-to-text. If the mic is messed up, it won't clearly pick up what you're saying.

I am going to call them in the morning to hopefully get it replaced was it just the Mic that needed to be replaced.

Back