mattsbobo

Bobopool: The Mod With A Mouth
VIP Member
Greensboro, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Here's my 2007 FBP FA5. Members who may remember me from the Ocho might recall that I originally had a 2006 TW FG2. Sadly tragedy struck and it was destroyed. I eventually turned to a dear friend NitrousG35/Wild Bill to see if he would consider parting with his beautiful blue baby. Long story short...he did in Aug 2011. Bill deserves full credit on the sweet modifications. All I've really done to it is add a lot of shift knobs, some extra wheels, and some stickers. There's still a ton of things I'd love to do to the car, but my income stream is nonexistent which makes further modifications impossible at the moment.

This thread's is for me to chart the snail like progress the build will take in the future. Sadly I don't have a ton of pics, but hopefully I'll get some new ones taken at the mini Dragon meet this weekend. :thumbsup:

293116_10150275985432109_1339129010_n_zps49d1f839.jpg

309576_10150275985807109_2109086976_n_zps8932e9e3.jpg

IMG_4994_zps4cd4c647.jpg

IMG_4998_zps6b206db8.jpg

IMG_5528_zps430e2eb7.jpg

007_zps9e1521fd.jpg

032_zps2288703a.jpg

038_zps49583560.jpg

039_zps91ac3084.jpg

055_zps02450d1d.jpg

061_zps61223c7c.jpg

062_zps66eb18f3.jpg

074_zpsac29b9f1.jpg

110crop_zps26f23ae6.jpg

104_zpsf27612f7.jpg

065_zps7b973020.jpg

Last edited:
Current modifications are as follows:

Engine: 3.5" Go Power Intake, Skunk 2 TB & IM, ID 1000cc injectors, IPS K2 cams w/Supertech valve springs & titanium retainers, K&N breather filter, Go Power race header w/3" collector, 3" Full Race exhaust, Hybrid Racing shift linkage bushings, relocated Odyssey dry cell battery

Suspension:

Eibach Pro Kit springs/stock shocks, Ingalls front camber bolts, Skunk 2 rear camber kit (gold), 22mm Progress rear sway bar w/beefy MOOG end links

Wheels & Brakes:

Volk Formula lug nuts
18x8 Enkei RPF2's w/Nitto Neo Gen tires-these need restoring and a color change
18x7.5 Bronze GT Racing CR Kai knock off's with Falken Azenis tires
17x7 white Team Dynamics Pro Race 1's (no tires)-currently waiting for me to get cash so they can be powder coated

SS Russell brake lines
ATE Super Blue brake fluid

Exterior:

HFP front lip, authentic Mugen wing & rear diffuser, horsepower adding stickers, vanity plate

Interior:

Scangauge II, OBD2 "splitter", Redline Goods shift boot, multiple shift knobs, Mugen Quickshifter (JDM FD2 model), Flashpro, red inserts for the steering wheel's "H" emblem, non-JDM Wal Mart broadway mirror, Colt .45 & Ontario Ranger fixed blade knife, "sheep in wolf's clothing" stuffed animal-safe and sound in a seat belt in the back seat

Last edited:
^^^^^ that mini clip you got is funny! Nice!! Wish we had a track down here to have a little fun lol

Last edited:
^^^^^ that mini clip you got is funny! Nice!! Wish we had a track down here to have a little fun lol

Mini clip? :popcorn:

I'm still dying to do a full track day. That was just a teaser DE Intro I did at VIR (one of my favorite places on Earth)

I wish I could modify my motor like yours :(

Oh yeah...I forgot about that Draconian CARB thing you guys have to deal with. Do you or Liz have any relatives that would let you register your FA5 in Nv or some other state?

bobo's build... build meaning there is more to come! What will it be? :D

bobo's build... build meaning there is more to come! What will it be? :D

Assuming I become employed again and have some kind of disposable income? The first thing would be to get my tune finished. I tried getting it tuned in Jan 2012, but a voltage fluxuation caused the Flashpro to do something that prevented the tuner from finishing. I'm probably down 30hp/20tq, and I'm sure I could probably get somewhat better mpg's with a completed tune. I've always wanted to do a front end conversion using "boutique" brands I haven't seen others use. Aero additions have always appealed to me. Coilovers, baller wheels, etc, etc. All I need is for my numbers to hit and I'm golden. :thumbsup:

have you ever talked to vitviper about pricing in pm?

have you ever talked to vitviper about pricing in pm?

No. Lots of people have told me I should though. Everybody seems to be happy with his work, but something seems fundamentally wrong in my head about e tuning & e dynos vs real dyno tuning. Although PainisForTheWeak told me he was much happier with Vit's tune over the dyno tuning he got. It's really just about money. I don't have any so neither is a realistic option for quite a while. :pout: :sadface: :pout: :sadface:

I'd take an VitViper tune over a dyno tune any day. The way I see it, you go pay for a dyno tune, sure you gain maximum peak hp tuning. But what happens when you have street issues? or you change a part and need a re tune? in the long run, and in practical sense, Vit is the way to go!

I'd take an VitViper tune over a dyno tune any day. The way I see it, you go pay for a dyno tune, sure you gain maximum peak hp tuning. But what happens when you have street issues? or you change a part and need a re tune? in the long run, and in practical sense, Vit is the way to go!

I sure appreciate the input Mikey. Honestly, I really just want to be happy with the end result. What's extremely important to me though is that I'm part of the tuning process. Where I went before (although a reputable shop) the tuner didn't ask me anything at all. When I made the appointment I talked at length to an awesome employee who I'd talked to a few times before, and I felt fairly confident about how the process would go. While the voltage fluxuation wasn't their fault, I had brought in relevant information on the cam specs, and really wanted to discuss what I wanted out of the tune. Besides being disappointed in the fact that I had an incomplete tune, I mainly felt like I had given my child to a surgeon to tinker on without discussing the health issue. :(

Last edited:
I sure appreciate the input Mikey. Honestly, I really just want to be happy with the end result. What's extremely important to me though is that I'm part of the tuning process. Where I went before (although a reputable shop) the tuner didn't ask me anything at all. When I made the appointment I talked at length to an awesome employee who I'd talked to a few times before, and I felt fairly confident about how the process would go. While the voltage fluxuation wasn't their fault, I had brought in relevant information on the cam specs, and really wanted to discuss what I wanted out of the tune. Besides being disappointed in the fact that I had an incomplete tune, I mainly felt like I had given my child to a surgeon to tinker on without discussing the health issue. :(

Well, next time you want a great tune AND chat with an actual Honda enthusiast, you know where to find me ;)

Well, next time you want a great tune AND chat with an actual Honda enthusiast, you know where to find me ;)

I appreciate it sir, and will definitely hit you up when it's time.

Unless of course you could do a "charitable donation" of your services that you could write off your taxes. :giggle: :rotfl: :hiding: :escaper:

Back