bootyluvr's 2015 WRX Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're back to stock?
No I still have the Nameless on. Its sold though.

My friend came by a bit ago to check it out with her fiance. She liked it and is going to buy it.

She's leaving Sunday for vacation but will pick it up when she gets back so I will have it off before then.

Looking at other muffled axlebacks now.
That didn't last long. Also doesn't bode well either.
Yup. Didn't want to be a #ricer :giggle:
Maybe just get the downpipe and keep the stock exhaust.;)
That will require engine management which costs more $$$. I will pass.
Dem hamcan stock mufflers though. Much heavy, such weight, wow.
Some vendor on NASIOC did a weight comparison on stock vs aftermarket but I forget the weights.

The new WRXs are fine enough stock, they really drive so much nicer than the previous ones so tuning is not almost necessary like before. The best choice is to leave it stock and let other foolish people find out where the limits of the new engine are.

I know the limits of the CVT trans were found by someone quite quickly :lildevil:

The new WRXs are fine enough stock, they really drive so much nicer than the previous ones so tuning is not almost necessary like before. The best choice is to leave it stock and let other foolish people find out where the limits of the new engine are.

I know the limits of the CVT trans were found by someone quite quickly :lildevil:
How much hp/tq was it at?

I also pulled the loud exhaust off my car after I got back from the dragon. I have sanity again. Sounded good from the outside but was driving me wacky inside the car.

Yeah I agree. Just need a tad bit louder exhaust (no muffler deletes lol)
I also pulled the loud exhaust off my car after I got back from the dragon. I have sanity again. Sounded good from the outside but was driving me wacky inside the car.
I agree. Guess I'm an old man like you :giggle:

I'm sure the 6 speed will hold up much better than that. I'm not well versed on subaru's but if I recall the old Sti 6 speed could handle a decent amount of power. I'm more surprised that they would put such a weak transmission in a car they know people are going to modify.

I'm sure the 6 speed will hold up much better than that. I'm not well versed on subaru's but if I recall the old Sti 6 speed could handle a decent amount of power. I'm more surprised that they would put such a weak transmission in a car they know people are going to modify.

Yes but the STi 6-speed isn't the same transmission that's in the 2015 WRX. It has a different 6-speed.

Yes but the STi 6-speed isn't the same transmission that's in the 2015 WRX. It has a different 6-speed.
Same transmission. Additional gear. ..though I could be wrong. I finally drove a new WRX, and the powerband is entirely different from the previous generation. It's a better daily driver.

Same transmission. Additional gear. ..though I could be wrong. I finally drove a new WRX, and the powerband is entirely different from the previous generation. It's a better daily driver.

Not same transmission.

From what I've read it's the same transmission as previous WRX's but with an additional gear. (Need to find sources for you)

I hear some people bitching about the '15 WRX being a shitty daily driver due to the tune it has from the factory. People say the gas pedal is very touchy and the way the throttle response is it's hard for people.

IE: 30% throttle is really 70% throttle (something like that)

Not same transmission.

From what I've read it's the same transmission as previous WRX's but with an additional gear. (Need to find sources for you)

I hear some people bitching about the '15 WRX being a shitty daily driver due to the tune it has from the factory. People say the gas pedal is very touchy and the way the throttle response is it's hard for people.

IE: 30% throttle is really 70% throttle (something like that)
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Same transmission but with an additional gear.

Dunno. The powerband is much more linear compared to my old Rex. Less of a torque punch.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Same transmission but with an additional gear.

Dunno. The powerband is much more linear compared to my old Rex. Less of a torque punch.

Oh thought you meant same transmission as an STi. My bad.

Oh thought you meant same transmission as an STi. My bad.
No, would be nice though. I mean, Mitsubishi shared the same TC-SST with the Ralliart and Evo X MR, just didn't include "Super AWD" Controls.
Subaru could easily share the STI's AMAZING 6spd with the WRX minus the SI-Drive and what not. Just a thought. I remember shopping around for price quotes on a transmission swap before buying the Evo, and people were running 6spds with a Mechanical LSD instead of wiring in DCCD.

Found a Nameless axleback with mufflers. Guy is in NC but willing to ship to me.

Hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back