Brake Caliper covers

piropal

Columbia, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Has anyone tried this, or is this just WAY too ricey? I realy like the look of painted calipers but it is just too much upkeep to keep them looking nice. For $4 I thought this might be worth a try, and it will keep brake dust of the wheels which is a plus too.
$T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yE(++BRKEJnd,v!~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item589d91ee23&vxp=mtr

Why don't you get a $20 can of good quality red caliper paint :) Will look much better :)

Like so:
614467_4095444957553_1667005858_o.jpg
Looking Good!

I've done the caliper paint before, too much hassle when it starts to fade or chip. I ordered the covers, if they look horrible, I will go with the caliper paint, but I figured I could at least give the covers a try lol.

What I'm wondering is that a bleeder nipple , could mean you'll have to replace that on installation ?

That was the intial plan :) BUT alas, I went with some that were a lil more expensive, but look a little better and have "Brembo" in the middle, which i like and dislike, i don't like that it has the Brembo name on it, and i don't own ANYTHING Brembo. but it does look alot better.
M001BR0302013_des1.jpg

i wont have mine for about 2 weeks, but here are some examples I found on Google.

images

That FD2 has real Brembo brakes. The FA5 also looks like it has real calipers.

What did you search?

Hope it works for you, I'd be a little concerned about putting glue(Silcone) in that area.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out. The worst cased scenario, they look like garbage, I take them off and move on lol

Last edited:
paint them..... just my 2 cents. you already have to pull the wheel to put these on so.....

Last edited:
paint them..... just my 2 cents. you already have to pull the wheel to put these on so.....
He's saying he doesn't want to paint because of the up-keep, not the painting for the 1st time.
I'm not trying to talk around the OP, I'm interested in painting my calipers, and from what he's saying his paint didn't hold up. I'm thinking it could be related to not prepping the caliper 1st.... cleaning/sanding/primer/etc.
I would think he'd still have to clean the cover thing'y .... I like the looks of the cover and the choices available .... But not the safety issues..... Even those $200 ones can get caught up in the wheel just from cleaning/snagging a brush, etc.
So if I do something it will be paint.

He's saying he doesn't want to paint because of the up-keep, not the painting for the 1st time.
I'm not trying to talk around the OP, I'm interested in painting my calipers, and from what he's saying his paint didn't hold up. I'm thinking it could be related to not prepping the caliper 1st.... cleaning/sanding/primer/etc.
I would think he'd still have to clean the cover thing'y .... I like the looks of the cover and the choices available .... But not the safety issues..... Even those $200 ones can get caught up in the wheel just from cleaning/snagging a brush, etc.
So if I do something it will be paint.
i just feel if your going through the hassle to put these on you may as well paint them. if these pose a safety risk and im sure they require upkeep as well i myself would just paint them also painting is cheaper.

Back