Brake Caliper covers

Personally, I'd rather paint it and get performance brake pads and rotors. Or just get the FD2 Brembo brake system if I have money for it. But it's not necessary if the car isn't used for auto-x/track.
147703_4b.jpg

This thread wasn't to debate whether these are better than painting or vice versa, both have pro's and cons. I was just curious to see if anyone else had done it, and if they liked it, hated it, or had any issues with it.

I just wanted to try something New, that I haven't done before, that is all. it will give me a chance to see my personal preference of these installed vs. painting the calipers. If these look bad, or give me any issues, I will be painting them. The paint, I feel, will get dirtier faster than these will, as these Should keep the brake dust inside them. and the calipers are just a PITA to clean IMO.

When I painted my calipers last, the paint lasted for about 2 years before there was any chipping, probably would've lasted even longer, but they got sprayed with water while still hot, which started the chipping. I would be suprided if these last for more than 2 years, but both covers and paint cost around $20 so i figured this was worth trying.

Personally, I'd rather paint it and get performance brake pads and rotors. Or just get the FD2 Brembo brake system if I have money for it. But it's not necessary if the car isn't used for auto-x/track.
147703_4b.jpg
If I had $3k (and already had FI), I would just buy a real brake kit lol. But unfourtunatley, I am broke now :(

were just trying to give you the pros and cons dude.

were just trying to give you the pros and cons dude.
And I appreciate that, I do. But if no one has ever tried this, then we have no way to compare the two. After I get these and get them installed, then we will have something to look at and say " I like ______ better."

Powder coat them...that's neither paint nor covers, there is no upkeep, just wash and clean wheels as usual. Way more durable than paint I've heard, hope so to as I powder coated mine!

i think im gonna powdercoat mine too ...but hey try them out and see how it turns out but the only thing i would do is not use glue or apoxy to stick them on id rather spend a lil more time and look around home depot and see if you can costumize brackets for them with some lock washers and bolts because if one of those happen to fly off because of the heat it can cause some serious damage to the rim/real caliper/rotor/tire or god forbid fly at another car or person at 90 mph :ohnoes: .

radio straps do wonders bro look into those that should give you some ideas lol :thumb:
you can pick those up at a local car stereo shop they have tons of them and you can get them for cheap !
basically its a thin aluminum straight peice wit a bunch of holes already done which come with new car radios in the box installers never use them because the new cars dont need them so the installers toss them to the side and use them if a custom bracket needs to be made for other stereo stuff so they always have tons of them laying around .....probably charge you like 1-2 bucks each and your good to go bro.
I was an installer so trust me WONDERS those straps can do for you ! :dancing:

Last edited:
radio straps do wonders bro look into those that should give you some ideas lol :thumb:
you can pick those up at a local car stereo shop they have tons of them and you can get them for cheap !
basically its a thin aluminum straight peice wit a bunch of holes already done which come with new car radios in the box installers never use them because the new cars dont need them so the installers toss them to the side and use them if a custom bracket needs to be made for other stereo stuff so they always have tons of them laying around .....probably charge you like 1-2 bucks each and your good to go bro.
I was an installer so trust me WONDERS those straps can do for you ! :dancing:
That's really good Idea!

IMG_8808_zpse2d2335e.png

can be bent or cut in any way you want just somthing to think about ;)

theres a local spot by me having an open house and bbq soon and they claim to do powdercoating so im gonna check them out and see how much they will charge me

I saw all of their shows. These guys don't like Hondas though. They riced out that car to the max. :rotfl:

:rotfl: @ 33:25. "They don't even need glue, likes it's properly, solidy.... we're gonna need glue."

Back