Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
Just want to keep up with the maint. and other money spending ventures on the new car. Also, to get some info/feedback from people on items I question.

Bought the 2003 330i ZHP 6spd with 75.9k miles on 2/11/2012. I was told a "service" was done and VC gasket was replaced about a month previously to purchase. Checked the oil and it looks pretty clean.

I am taking the car in to a local indy shop, Eurowise, for a oil, tranny, diff fluid change and an inspection. A tech drove it and mentioned the FCABs prob need replacing. Told him about a "clunky" noise when shifting, he said I might need tranny mounts. Car will be going in tomorrow, 2/21/2012.

After looking into some other maint. things I should do, I think I will need to do something with the VANOS seals. Having a little rough idle and "noisy" engine. it also creates a power loss in the lower rev range but not if I have that or not.

Checking the service book in the car, prob need to do a breake fluid change.

Things to note: If you turn the car on and shut if off before it warms up, the next time you turn the car it might cause a weird engine rumble/shake. Apparently the engine is know to want to foul up the plugs causing the engine rumble/shake.

• Staff
Front control arm bushing...

you didn't want to tackle the fluid changes?

• Staff
you didn't want to tackle the fluid changes?

The guy said it will be right around $200 for the fluids. When I looked at the prices for DIY it came out to be close to $150 with shipping and I prob will need some tools to be purchased.
Tranny mounts I can do since it is 6 bolts. Fcabs I might have them do it if they need to be pressed in. VANOS, will attempt on my own to save ~$400 in labor, lol.

Got the car back from Eurowise after work and she has a clen bill of health. the tech said that the car is "really clean and in great condition for a dealer car". Still, the car needs the fcabs and pcv/oil seperator replacement. Intake boots willl need replacing soonish. The pcv is causing the rough idle in the mornings and threw a couple codes in the ecu which they cleared.

I mentioned the vanos but he said to wait longer since it is a bit of work to do and they didnt notice the power loss that the bad vanos creates.

Looks like I might be heading to ATL sometime soonish to do some of this work. :giggle: They quoted me $890 for them to do all the work needed. Half of that amount being labor.

I will post up later the detail of what is needed.

Eurowise
2/21/2012
76400 miles

Services done:

Synthetic oil change, filter & lubrication.
1 oil filter kit
6 qts Lubro Moly Synthetic oil

Change Differential and gearbox oil.
2 qts D4 MTF - Redline
2 qts 75w-140 GL-5 gear oil - Redline

PPI
Technician mentioned car is "really clean and in great condition for a dealer car"

Technician notes:

Valve cover gasket has a bit of oil around it but it looks fairly new. Maybe replaced but not cleaned. (was told it was changed a month ago when I purchased the car)
Airboot starting to crack, not bad yet.
Misfire faults stored.

Recommended repairs:

Replace control arm bushings, tire alignment.
Replace PVC valve...(borderline passing)
1. Crankcase vent valve
1. Breather hose (11 61 1 432 559)
1. Oil separator hose
1. Breather hose (11 15 7 532 649)
1. Breather hose (11 61 7 504 536)

I thought it was 7 but it says 6 on the paperwork. I will check the level on the car tomorrow to be sure.

lulz....I will have to see I need/can do while I am down there and wait a bit till I can take some time off.

Ordered AKG Motorsports Front Control Arm Bushing Set (66mm) - Polyurethane 80A
FCN466Alg.jpg

Also bought a License plate filler from ECS Tuning to get rid of the front plate holder. Should be in tomorrow or Tues.

Bought some brake fluid and my bumper trim piece and fcabs came in today

CIMG3598.jpg

Prob doing the brake flush and the fcabs this weekend. Will be around some of the Ocho NC Peeps.

You think 1.5L will be ok for the flush? I keep seeing on the forums to get 2L just incase.

Back