Burning Oil

It could very well be your brand new turbo's oil seals. That turbo may have been sitting on a shelf for years before it was installed on your car. But if your car was already smoking before you installed the turbo system, it's probably not that. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but if your car was already smoking and you went ahead and doubled your horsepower before addressing that issue, you may have just chosen to learn a lesson the hard way.

It could very well be your brand new turbo's oil seals. That turbo may have been sitting on a shelf for years before it was installed on your car. But if your car was already smoking before you installed the turbo system, it's probably not that. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but if your car was already smoking and you went ahead and doubled your horsepower before addressing that issue, you may have just chosen to learn a lesson the hard way.

it never technically smoked before the turbo. it would burn oil but it wouldn't pour out of the exhaust in blue smoke form like it does now when I come to a stop. then it goes away. it doesn't always do it but sometimes it is bad and does it every stop I make. before the turbo it would burn oil but only if I was beating on it for a while. it burns a lot more oil now. I dont know if it is the seals or not. I will get it addressed in two weeks when I have a break from school.

What you are describing sounds to me like the seals are blown on the turbo. Also since you have a Precision turbo I'm even more inclined to think this is the case

It sound to me like you break somthing in the motor that cause it to smoke, in my experience my first turbo car I crack 2 piston and it blown smoke at idle and more smoke at driving. But as of now I have a 13 si with prl stage 2 kit for 2k miles and notice it smell burning oil too at idle coming off the hwy, I have check and see no leak at all, so I assuming it might be my return line because it hook up to my drain plug so Im going to redo it to the top like full race had and see it it still smell oil burn.

it never technically smoked before the turbo. it would burn oil but it wouldn't pour out of the exhaust in blue smoke form like it does now when I come to a stop. then it goes away. it doesn't always do it but sometimes it is bad and does it every stop I make. before the turbo it would burn oil but only if I was beating on it for a while. it burns a lot more oil now. I dont know if it is the seals or not. I will get it addressed in two weeks when I have a break from school.
Was this ever resolved?

Back