BWR short shifter

How did u tighten both sides down and I think mine is coming loose because I'm noticing some forward Nd back wads play in it

Clunck

I just did mine today and notice the same looseness. I did use thread locker, but wonder if it didn't seat completely. ANy ideas?

Fixed. Just needed to seat it properly and tighten down.
Yea I took it completely out and cut the shifter and rethreaded it. Reseated the adapter and tighend it down. Well worth it easy to remover shifter once you figure it out

Yea I took it completely out and cut the shifter and rethreaded it. Reseated the adapter and tighend it down. Well worth it easy to remover shifter once you figure it out
Stoe:
You found it easy to remove the metal shifter from the housing? I would love to do that with the white plastic shift housing in the car. It looks like that black covering piece at the base, looking down on the shifter may be a bayonet mount or something.

hey could anybody provide me with a link to a short shifter that will definitely work? I've found multiple ones to choose from but if one of you guys give me the link for the one you purchased i'd feel greatful!

Anyone for a 8th and 9th civic short shifter adapter will work
This is what mine looks like, bought it on ebay for the same price, probably the same seller, I don't recall. I installed it last November . . . it has never given me any trouble at all. http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-SHORT-SHIFTER-ADAPTER-KIT-FG-/360146507244?fits=Model:Civic&hash=item53da6795ec&vxp=mtr

thanks guys. i've read around that you have to trim a piece of plastic in order for these to fit.. what piece is that? or do us 9th gen owners even have to do that? how long did it take to guys to install it? and was it a pain to install?

thanks guys. i've read around that you have to trim a piece of plastic in order for these to fit.. what piece is that? or do us 9th gen owners even have to do that? how long did it take to guys to install it? and was it a pain to install?
It's pretty easy really. There's a diy on it. Reading the DIY thread at page one then go to page two and see my posts. You decide which way you want to do it.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...hift-adapter-and-corsport-base-bushings.5828/

It's pretty easy really. There's a diy on it. Reading the DIY thread at page one then go to page two and see my posts. You decide which way you want to do it.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...hift-adapter-and-corsport-base-bushings.5828/

thanks a bunch bro i think i'm going to invest in one soon! one more thing, can you tell a big difference with this? i see it imploves throws by "38%" or whatever but is there a huge difference that you can tell? also, when in neutral, is there less play with the gear stick when wiggling it left right up and down? just curious before i purchase one.

thanks a bunch bro i think i'm going to invest in one soon! one more thing, can you tell a big difference with this? i see it imploves throws by "38%" or whatever but is there a huge difference that you can tell? also, when in neutral, is there less play with the gear stick when wiggling it left right up and down? just curious before i purchase one.
I would say its a little less then 38 but its a good mod that's noticeable. Also I would change out the base bushings while you have everything apart. Both combined is a perfect improvement

38% sounds high for an adapter. More like 25 IIRC. Even so, yes, a big difference at 25% or whatever these adapters save you. If by up/down you mean fore and aft, I think the stick feels a little harder to move off center in neutral, I rest my hand there a lot. I'll tell you what has my eye. The Buddy Club cage with shifter and aluminum bushings, all for @$156.00. That will reall shorten the throws and tighten up the feel of the box. And you don't need to do any cutting or anything to it. Plug and play. If I had to do it over, that's how I'd go. I may still do it if anyone can tell me how high the BC shifter sits. I like the height of my shortened (actually cut it shorter) shifter, with the adapter and a delrin knob that gobbles up a lot of shifter thread.

In side by side pics in another thread, forget which, someone has BC next to oem shifter cage, but hte very topof the shifter is cropped out! Can't tell from it how tall it is. Anyway, have fun with whatever you decide to do. It's well worth doing.

I would say its a little less then 38 but its a good mod that's noticeable. Also I would change out the base bushings while you have everything apart. Both combined is a perfect improvement
38% sounds high for an adapter. More like 25 IIRC. Even so, yes, a big difference at 25% or whatever these adapters save you. If by up/down you mean fore and aft, I think the stick feels a little harder to move off center in neutral, I rest my hand there a lot. I'll tell you what has my eye. The Buddy Club cage with shifter and aluminum bushings, all for @$156.00. That will reall shorten the throws and tighten up the feel of the box. And you don't need to do any cutting or anything to it. Plug and play. If I had to do it over, that's how I'd go. I may still do it if anyone can tell me how high the BC shifter sits. I like the height of my shortened (actually cut it shorter) shifter, with the adapter and a delrin knob that gobbles up a lot of shifter thread.

In side by side pics in another thread, forget which, someone has BC next to oem shifter cage, but hte very topof the shifter is cropped out! Can't tell from it how tall it is. Anyway, have fun with whatever you decide to do. It's well worth doing.

thanks again for your helps guys. much appreciated! hotdogjohnny i saw that shifter on corsport was actually thinking about getting that instead of just an adapter... when i do make the mod i'll post a new thread up with a video of how it shifts and what not and you guys can tell me what you think.

thanks again for your helps guys. much appreciated! hotdogjohnny i saw that shifter on corsport was actually thinking about getting that instead of just an adapter... when i do make the mod i'll post a new thread up with a video of how it shifts and what not and you guys can tell me what you think.
If you go Buddy Club, take a "worm's eye" level pic of it next to oem after you take it out. I'd like to see how they compare!

So if I buy the one off of Ebay then I need to order the one for the 2006-09? Not the 2009-11 adapter? just wanted to verify.

Back