Car won't start

lgaliza808

Kihei, Hawaii
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I tried starting my car earlier this morning and nothing. I already replaced my battery and check all my fuses, but the same problem continues to happen. When I turn the key i would just hear a clicking noise. I tried rolling the car and popping the clutch because that usually works but still it won't start. I don't have warranty anymore either, so I am hoping someone can help me on here that had the similar problem. Thanks for anyone's quick reply.

Everything works perfect. The car just won't start. This problem happened before but i could always get it to start if i popped my clutch.

multimeter? What mods do you have?
No i don't have a multi meter. I only have a racing clutch fly wheel and hondata flash pro. The car is lowered also. I'm still running the stock map since i got the flash pro.

have you tried flashing the oem tune on the car to see if it'll start?

Have you tried to jump start the car with jumper cables? Without doing that/testing it with a multimeter, I don't know what else to suggest beyond towing it to a repair shop.

Have you tried to jump start the car with jumper cables? Without doing that/testing it with a multimeter, I don't know what else to suggest beyond towing it to a repair shop.
yes i already tried to jump it with the same results. Yeah im probably just going to take it to a repair shop. i dont know what else to do.

maybe it's a starter issue, since it failed to jump

You have a fuse box in the engine bay besides the fuse panel under the drivers side dash. Engine bay fuse panel - with cover removed.

d1.jpg

^^ back behind your car battery towards the firewall

You have a fuse box in the engine bay besides the fuse panel under the drivers side dash. Engine bay fuse panel - with cover removed.

d1.jpg
Yeah that's where i checked the fuses. None of the fuses were popped. I took that big one out with the 2 screw holding it down. I didnt check the one with only 1 screw since it was really hard to pull out.

other fuse panel is under the dash... .like down where your feet would be while driving.

fuse.gif

other fuse panel is under the dash... .like down where your feet would be while driving.

fuse.gif
Only fuse i can think of is the fuel pump fuse but it looks okay too. Plus the car should be able to crank even if it isn't getting fuel, but it isn't cranking at all.

I drive truck and have had a few starters go out on me, mechanics have shown me to hit the starter with a 2x4 while someone is turning the key. It usually works when the starter is bad. And make sure when u catch a gear it is a higher gear, not 1st.

I drive truck and have had a few starters go out on me, mechanics have shown me to hit the starter with a 2x4 while someone is turning the key. It usually works when the starter is bad. And make sure when u catch a gear it is a higher gear, not 1st.
Where is the starter on the civic si's i cant see it.

Back