Car won't start

My understanding is you should be able to start a car with a bad starter by rolling the car, but I've never done it. Did you try popping it in 2nd or 3rd gear when you tried?

My understanding is you should be able to start a car with a bad starter by rolling the car, but I've never done it. Did you try popping it in 2nd or 3rd gear when you tried?
Yeah i tried last night and it never started. I did before and it worked but not this time. I'm thinking it could be another problem.

You could just have a bad ground. Did u clean the terminals? Go under the hood and wiggle every wire u can find, especially anything u see grounded

It seems like u have a bad spot on the starter, you should be able to replace it yourself even with little experience

I don't know how the clutch safety switch works on the civic, but you may want to look on your floor mat to see if there is any plastic piece laying there by your clutch pedal? I've had a car not start once and it was from a plastic piece on the clutch pedal. The car was essentially not registering me depressing the pedal and wouldn't start. Found out that 2 cent piece of plastic broke off and stopped the car from starting.

I've never looked at how the Honda one is made though.
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...-scat/?part_name=switch-assy-clutch-inhibiter

I don't know how the clutch safety switch works on the civic, but you may want to look on your floor mat to see if there is any plastic piece laying there by your clutch pedal? I've had a car not start once and it was from a plastic piece on the clutch pedal. The car was essentially not registering me depressing the pedal and wouldn't start. Found out that 2 cent piece of plastic broke off and stopped the car from starting.

I've never looked at how the Honda one is made though.
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...-scat/?part_name=switch-assy-clutch-inhibiter
that was the first thing i checked actually

Did you just try and load a reflash
Yes that was the last thing i tried. But everytime i try to start it everything just dims as the key is being turned.
Do you know if the reflash was successful or not. Because if it was not your call will not start it did it to me a few times sometimes 6-7 times in a row.

Did you just try and load a reflash

Do you know if the reflash was successful or not. Because if it was not your call will not start it did it to me a few times sometimes 6-7 times in a row.
Yeah it said it was successful. I hope its just the starter because i just got a quote from autozone and they want 300$ for a starter. I think I'm just going to borrow one of there obd2 readers first to see if i have any more problems to worry about.

Yeah it said it was successful. I hope its just the starter because i just got a quote from autozone and they want 300$ for a starter. I think I'm just going to borrow one of there obd2 readers first to see if i have any more problems to worry about.
The hondata can read codes if you have any. and also you can take off the starter and have them test it before you spend the money on one.

i believe it is my starter. i had my friend try start the car while i was under it and the noise was coming from the starter. how do i check codes with my flashpro?
The hondata can read codes if you have any. and also you can take off the starter and have them test it before you spend the money on one.

On the main page at the top right you will see error code click that and it will open up and show you what codes you have. But you need to be plugged into your OBDII port. You can also look at the sensor tab to look at the battery to see the volts you have

On the main page at the top right you will see error code click that and it will open up and show you what codes you have. But you need to be plugged into your OBDII port. You can also look at the sensor tab to look at the battery to see the volts you have
I did that when i plugged it in but no code showed up. I think it's because i reflashed it?

You said you don't have an intake or anything right?
No nothing i only got the flashpro because the lightened flywheel i got was throwing codes. I was preparing my car for a turbo but trying to build in hawaii is f'n expensive and lacks a dyno out here.

No nothing i only got the flashpro because the lightened flywheel i got was throwing codes. I was preparing my car for a turbo but trying to build in hawaii is f'n expensive and lacks a dyno out here.
A little of subject but are you looking for dynos for a tune or just to see where you are at now?

Well i reside in vegas now. For the past couple months. I got friends out here that can help me locating a dyno, but if you know anyone here it won't hurt to check them out. I really want to meet more people that have the same car as i do.

Back