CBP_knight21's 2012 Civic SI sedan

fdb67fee7d172c503a50d07cceecf375.jpg

a51bb507eec0f39e2d62f6aecc3d1e90.jpg

Hey guys! I haven't been updating as often as I should but I do have a couple new additions. I've been working more on the engine bay a bit. I added a HPS intake hose, PWjdm carbon fiber fuse box cover, and PWjdm bolts w/ red washers at the front of the bay. I also took a shot at polishing the top torque mount just to see if I could even do it. I did it by hand so it took forever and I sort of gave up on making it perfect but I'm investing in a Dremel to make the process easier. It still didn't turn out too bad though! I will eventually do the passenger side mount brackets as well.

47ff40f12a5cd01365871d4ad9f80950.jpg

8634a3c1afe39b9375f31266d7d20b73.jpg

I want to start working on making the transmission feel a little smoother. I have corsport cable bushings and base bushings which def helped. I plan on buying a braided clutch line but I'm not sure what else I could do to make it feel better. I can put the car in first and it jerks the whole car almost like a bad mount. I know hasport and innovative sell whole mount kits but I wish they sold one mount from the kit separately. I will be changing the fluid here soon too so hopefully that will help a bit. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could do?

Some vendors sell just the rear mount like axion or hardmotion. I would definitely look into that or even talk to one of them, they might be able to work something out for you!

Earlier tonight I ordered an Innovative lower/rear mount and a PRL clutch line. The same day I install those I will change my transmission fluid. I was doing some research and boomba racing makes a passenger side mount w/ bracket for the 8th gen SI. Too bad I cant find it anywhere! I dont know if its discontinued or what. Besides the lower/ front mount the 8th gens have the other mounts should be the same set up right?

but the 8th is a k20, not a k24. I doubt they'd directly swap

yea youre right. i just looked up the honda part numbers for an 8th gen and a 9th gen and they are different.

Back