CDL

she is a driver for swift... that's her truck in her sig

28hzon4.jpg

well, I was just trying to clarify that was her truck... not just a random swift picture.

any tips on cdl test taking? Already got.the.permit.now.just the driving test

Congrats on getting the permit! Tips on cdl test taking...3 things: study study and, oh yea, study! After you get your permit you should be going to a cdl school. Do you have any in mind? You need an x amout of hours behind the wheel before you go and take that state test. I'm not sure if the hours vary from state to state though.

When you go to school they will prepare you for the final state DMV test. Most schools, however want you to pony up $3,500 right away. I chose to go with swift cause they don't work it that way. They take out 37.50 a week once you're hired and get off your mentors truck (you're on mentors truck for about 6 weeks or 240 hrs driving time, whichever comes first.) After a year the tuition is paid off. As an incentive for staying with them another year, they pay you all that back, so it's like you went to school free. :)

Edit...and I see your above post as to where u decided to go. (stupid iPhone) Good luck and keep us posted. If you have any questions let me know. I'm here to help. :)

Good.luck.when.you.do.take.the.test.

I thought 2fast4u was a female.. I thought she just liked Ice Road Truckers but she really does drive for Swift!? NO ****! :omg:

Yup I am a female LOL. Like females don't drive trucks-Hahaha. You'd be surprised at how many do. ;)

yeah company pays for all class cost nothing outta pocket and permit test for class a took me 3 trys :/

yeah company pays for all class cost nothing outta pocket and permit test for class a took me 3 trys :/

That's ok. Never give up! One other thing I'd like to add, and that is, patience in this industry is a must. ;)

You mean waiting until the right job comes around?

Like weigh stations, traffic jams, docks, etc...

I recently pulled into a weigh station and over the loud speaker comes: "Swift pull around back." Random inspection time! It's a pain in the butt, cause that takes about an hour of your day to go through everything with the "nice" officer. Made me late for my next few appointments.

Back