Cell not compatable with Text msg alerts?

Pir8pete

I have a 2013 Si and an iPhone 4S with firmware 5.1.1 and the car is saying my phone does not support the text msg function? What gives?

c9wo.jpg

Last edited:
are you sure it's the firmware? can any1 confirm this? I'm JB and 6.1.2 sux. will it work with this version of apples fw? I'd hate to update and redo everything and still have it not work.

As far as I know the iPhone doesn't support the text function on the car at all. Go look on Hondas website. The Phone chart shows that no iPhone is compatible. Apple doesn't let programs send text messages for spam/security reasons. I have written the only program for iOS that lets you automatically reply to texts while driving or busy with something else that I know of and requires a jailbreak. Also good luck restoring to anything lower than the newest one that isn't jailbroken. It's not going to let you go to 6.1.2

TL;DR Unless Honda changed it (it still says no on the Honda official site), iPhones do not support this function no matter the version.

I would hope that no system would allow texting, at least while the car is moving.......... Are there systems that allow texting and reading text while moving?

I would hope that no system would allow texting, at least while the car is moving.......... Are there systems that allow texting and reading text while moving?

The Honda system lets you select a pre=written reply and such on the go via your controls so you don't ever have to type or look at your phone. That's what he is asking about.

I didn't know how they worked, because I had my cell phone totally disabled from giving or receiving text.........

As far as I know the iPhone doesn't support the text function on the car at all. Go look on Hondas website. The Phone chart shows that no iPhone is compatible. Apple doesn't let programs send text messages for spam/security reasons. I have written the only program for iOS that lets you automatically reply to texts while driving or busy with something else that I know of and requires a jailbreak. Also good luck restoring to anything lower than the newest one that isn't jailbroken. It's not going to let you go to 6.1.2

TL;DR Unless Honda changed it (it still says no on the Honda official site), iPhones do not support this function no matter the version.

http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/find-a-phone.aspx

there must a an app, and why would the older iphone show song titles and not the newer ones, makes no sense to run backwards!

Last edited:
bluetooth compatible, but not for texting...bottom stuff in red text....

=
=
=

phone.png

bluetooth compatible, but not for texting...bottom stuff in red text....

=
=
=

View attachment 21846

exactly why do the newer iPhones not scroll the song titles! stupid apple bs... and yes someone must know of an app that will allow the communication for the texting. I'm Jailbroken, so there's gotta be something

exactly why do the newer iPhones not scroll the song titles! stupid apple bs... and yes someone must know of an app that will allow the communication for the texting. I'm Jailbroken, so there's gotta be something

The problem is the sending. It can communicate to the phone that it wants to send one, sure. iOS just doesn't allow it. Took many hours/days/weeks of development to get around that unfortunately. I'm sure something somehow can be programmed to do it via a bluetooth communication tweak, but Honda's system would have to be tricked into thinking it was a different phone as well since it knows it doesn't support it.

Is this only for navi? I couldn't find the text option on mine

Just one more point. The iPhone 5 with ios6 can apparently receive text but can't send according to this chart.

I'm sure someone will come up with an app for those of us who are jail broken.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372000574.687935.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372000574.687935.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 13
It allows you to install non-apple approved applications. Anything someone could code themselves could be installed.

What does jail break/broken mean?

To add to the above, your iPhone is always in something called "jail"; it restricts what your applications and settings can do in relation to things on the device that they don't want accessed it also prevents you from getting root access to the filesystem. (Jailbreak takes away both these problems - pretend you are breaking your phone out of jail and getting freedom) It really brings a whole new world to the phone. For instance the community has developed many of the features you see in iOS7 way before Apple brought them into the operating system. (Moving background, themes with a flat look, multitasking, different slide to unlock animations, etc etc) I personally use it for themes and being able to reply to texts without opening the text app (biteSMS quickReply). It's a feature Apple really needs to implement. :(

Back