Cell not compatable with Text msg alerts?

To add to the above, your iPhone is always in something called "jail"; it restricts what your applications and settings can do in relation to things on the device that they don't want accessed it also prevents you from getting root access to the filesystem. (Jailbreak takes away both these problems - pretend you are breaking your phone out of jail and getting freedom) It really brings a whole new world to the phone. For instance the community has developed many of the features you see in iOS7 way before Apple brought them into the operating system. (Moving background, themes with a flat look, multitasking, different slide to unlock animations, etc etc) I personally use it for themes and being able to reply to texts without opening the text app (biteSMS quickReply). It's a feature Apple really needs to implement. :(

Yep. biteSMS is my favorite jailbroken app.

Has anyone managed to get the text message function working with any mobile? I know that the mobile must support Bluetooth MAP (message access profile). I have uk civic 2012 and samsung galaxy nexus but can not get this handy feature to work.
It seems that in previous Android releases that Bluetooth MAP was enabled but in the latest JellyBean releases they have disabled it for some unknown reason.

I am quite shocked to see the latest Iphone not having this ability, i was considering changing back until i seen this thread.

If anyone can advise a modern phone or more to the point the operating system and version that does work I would appreciate it.

or you can just talk into your phone and press the send button lol :domokundance:

Has anyone managed to get the text message function working with any mobile? I know that the mobile must support Bluetooth MAP (message access profile). I have uk civic 2012 and samsung galaxy nexus but can not get this handy feature to work.
It seems that in previous Android releases that Bluetooth MAP was enabled but in the latest JellyBean releases they have disabled it for some unknown reason.

I am quite shocked to see the latest Iphone not having this ability, i was considering changing back until i seen this thread.

If anyone can advise a modern phone or more to the point the operating system and version that does work I would appreciate it.

I have an iPhone 5 and the car can receive texts but it won't send. That's what it said on the Honda website though so it's what I expected.

Blackberrys work perfectly with the system, dad has a bold 9900 that we have set up in a crv and the new accord. Unless the civic is different, it should work as well.

As far as I know the iPhone doesn't support the text function on the car at all. Go look on Hondas website. The Phone chart shows that no iPhone is compatible. Apple doesn't let programs send text messages for spam/security reasons. I have written the only program for iOS that lets you automatically reply to texts while driving or busy with something else that I know of and requires a jailbreak. Also good luck restoring to anything lower than the newest one that isn't jailbroken. It's not going to let you go to 6.1.2

TL;DR Unless Honda changed it (it still says no on the Honda official site), iPhones do not support this function no matter the version.
which app is this?

did you write/create BiteSMS?

I have an iPhone 5 on 6.1.2 and it is jailbroken, but the i-mid says it isn't supported.

I have an iPhone 5 and the car can receive texts but it won't send. That's what it said on the Honda website though so it's what I expected.
Are you sure? My iPhone 5 doesn't do anything with neither my Navi nor iMID regarding the SMS text messages I get...

Are you sure? My iPhone 5 doesn't do anything with neither my Navi nor iMID regarding the SMS text messages I get...

I can receive texts through the car no problem with my iPhone 5.

On your iphone, go into settings and select Bluetooth. Under devices select Handsfreelink. Ensure Show notifications and sync contacts are on. I had to change those settings for mine to work.

I can receive texts through the car no problem with my iPhone 5.

On your iphone, go into settings and select Bluetooth. Under devices select Handsfreelink. Ensure Show notifications and sync contacts are on. I had to change those settings for mine to work.
Nice!!!! Can't wait to try this!!!

So the texts will be read aloud by the car, but we can't reply, right?

Nice!!!! Can't wait to try this!!!

So the texts will be read aloud by the car, but we can't reply, right?

That's correct. It will read them to you while the car is in motion. If you are stopped, it will read them to you and display the text on the Nav screen.

Just one more point. The iPhone 5 with ios6 can apparently receive text but can't send according to this chart.

I'm sure someone will come up with an app for those of us who are jail broken.
Yeah that's the issue I have.
a5uga2y2.jpg

ese6yna9.jpg

Stupid u can only view it. Only read can't reply or call back.

Have you tried while the cars not moving, it could be a safety issue(at least it should be, but that's another time).
I'm just guessing I've never tried texting at all car or not....... I was just glad when we got away from telegrams, and started using phones we could talk over............. :D

So I received a text today and it gave me the option to reply. I tried and each time it failed. Any thoughts why all of a sudden I was given the option but it wouldn't fully work.
a7upehur.jpg

Back