chinese android navigation unit

FG3_drv

Recently bought this gps for my car. Being that vast majority of all electronics are made in china I've decided to take my chances and purchase this thing. After all they must know what they're doing over there as this unit is pretty quick. Running on quad core "rockchip" and android 4.4.4 with 1gb of ram and 16gb of rom it boots up in just under 13 seconds. Pretty smooth overall and I kind of like the design as it perfectly fits in and looks more stock than the stock navigation. Anyway, it's supposed to be plug and play. Comes with harness and everything you need to hook it up. It plugged in alright, however I do not have any sound whatsoever. Other than that it works great! lol I took it out and hooked it up at home. It definitely has sound... So the problem is somewhere with the wiring. My car has premium sound system which as I found out comes with amplifier. This harness does not have amp switch on/off wire nor subwoofer output wire. I suppose in order to have sound amplifier should be turned on. I'm gonna work on that maybe tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• gps.png
    gps.png
    276.9 KB · Views: 105
that is made for the civic. Did it say it could work on models with the premium audio system? Why not contact the seller?

Seller is not much help due to language barrier.... I'm gonna try to figure this out myself. I'll post my findings as soon as I get a chance.

I was able to figure it out. While seller was completely useless, my multimeter wasn't. I got the wiring diagram from
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-audio-wiring-guide-pinouts-for-factory-radio.5916/
Which is great by the way, checked the plug that this stereo came with and saw that amp switch or remote wire was missing. I've also noticed that their plug had several extra wires in the pins that weren't used by car, one was ground and another was ignition +5V. I moved that wore to the pin 21 for amp remote and nothing happened. Checked amp remote on the stock radio and it was +12V. So I ran wire connected to pin 24 to pin 21 (jumped it) and amp turned on. I got sound. However, there was a lot of feedback like static and it sounded like it was over amplifying or something because it would scream on volume 5. I then disconnected wires for each speaker from stereo harness spliced in some RCA's for each speaker and connected them to rca harness that the stereo came with. It works great now, subwoofer is also connected. So, this stereo is definitely worth the cost especially the screen. I'll take pix and post them later.

Did you snap pics of how you wired it?
Kind of, it looks confusing but I'm willing to help those who bought similar stereo. Very simple, just time consuming is all. Stock car harness remains unchanged, stereo harness gets modified to work with premium audio.

Screenshot_2015-12-06-22-35-18.jpg i used 5 of these to accommodate wire to RCA conversion.

Do you have premium audio? If you do, AND if you're connected with main harness to all speakers, then your Android stereo which has already amplifier built in, provides amplified signal to an amplifier. Which should not happen, hence the feedback. To fix this, you must connect your speaker wires from car to an unamplified source which on my stereo was RCA harness. Signal provided to the car with premium audio system must not be amplified as it's already has amplifier built in.

Last edited:
Yeah see that's my problem, its getting double amplified. Going to do the same thing you did and splice the male RCA on there. just to test i unplugged the right speaker from the harness and brought a house speaker and hooked it up to the rca in the back of the radio and turned the car on, i could still hear the static on the other speakers but not on the one connected via the rca in the back (and sounded a hell of a lot better too).

So after seeing how much of a difference it made i bought the same adapters as you and should be mint when it get them on Wednesday.

IMG_20151207_102509.jpg IMG_20151207_102458.jpg
Yep, that's it. It will be as quiet as stock. I was puzzled when I heard all that static upon boot up, very discouraging at first, until I figured it out.

I know dude i was so butt hurt when i heard the crackling and static of the speakers the first time i turned it on and i'm like well at least i cant hear it over my uncatted dp and exhaust while driving lol.

But im glad i saw your post. thanks for posting your fix for this stupid issue, I was just about to live with it :santadance:

I know dude i was so butt hurt when i heard the crackling and static of the speakers the first time i turned it on and i'm like well at least i cant hear it over my uncatted dp and exhaust while driving lol.

But im glad i saw your post. thanks for posting your fix for this stupid issue, I was just about to live with it :santadance:
Yeah it would drive me nuts to the point where I'd ask for refund..... BTW you want to root yours? If you need root access I can help. What unit did you get?

I got the joying 7 inch one, its already rooted. one thing im really super butt hurt about is that the Head unit doesn't connect to my flash pro, like doesnt even ask for the connection password or anything. Hopefully it just isnt compatible and when joying comes out with 5.1 it will work.

I didnt have Stock navi so i wouldn't know, but the stock premium setup was crap and it just didnt look right in the car like its a '13 si. It should of had what the '14s and up have now.

For those who wonder, iMID still displays general things, such as radio station (but it doesn't display song and station info), that's displayed on stereo. Also when BT audio is playing, it shows that it's in BTA mode. But does not display track or song info. Steering wheel controls work great still, volume up down, when you adjust volume on stereo it displays it on iMID as well. It's well integrated and it comes with CAN BUS decoder. Original BT unit is still connected and if you don't clear the system before installing this unit your car's BT will try to connect everytime you're in the car. Since controls for original BT unit are missing (on the original stereo), you won't be able to answer calls. I used original mic as I liked the fact that it's hidden and already installed. I simply traced two wires from original mic to the BT unit under glovebox and connected two pins in the existing harness without removing or splicing anything, therefore if I ever need to revert back to the old system, it will be plug and play.
IMG_20151207_112104.jpg IMG_20151207_112112.jpg IMG_20151207_112137.jpg IMG_20151207_112159.jpg

I got the joying 7 inch one, its already rooted. one thing im really super butt hurt about is that the Head unit doesn't connect to my flash pro, like doesnt even ask for the connection password or anything. Hopefully it just isnt compatible and when joying comes out with 5.1 it will work.

I didnt have Stock navi so i wouldn't know, but the stock premium setup was crap and it just didnt look right in the car like its a '13 si. It should of had what the '14s and up have now.
This one? Looks identical to mine except for UI, just a bit different looks like. As far as specs, the same.
http://www.carjoying.com/in-dash-gp...13-with-gps-navigation-support-wifi-blue.html

For those who wonder, iMID still displays general things, such as radio station (but it doesn't display song and station info), that's displayed on stereo. Also when BT audio is playing, it shows that it's in BTA mode. But does not display track or song info. Steering wheel controls work great still, volume up down, when you adjust volume on stereo it displays it on iMID as well. It's well integrated and it comes with CAN BUS decoder. Original BT unit is still connected and if you don't clear the system before installing this unit your car's BT will try to connect everytime you're in the car. Since controls for original BT unit are missing (on the original stereo), you won't be able to answer calls. I used original mic as I liked the fact that it's hidden and already installed. I simply traced two wires from original mic to the BT unit under glovebox and connected two pins in the existing harness without removing or splicing anything, therefore if I ever need to revert back to the old system, it will be plug and play.
View attachment 50450 View attachment 50451 View attachment 50452 View attachment 50453

See thats weird too, when i took out my head unit i dont have the source for bluetooth or radio, just the imid display of gas, engine load, blank screen and the custom imid wallpaper, and backup camera of course.

Also i saw on the 9thgencivic forum where some guy said that when he changed out his head unit for a after market one the middle console usb cable stop working. that isnt the case. mine still works fine. Doesn't charge near well enough but it does work.

Does your unit come with CAN BUS decoder? (http://www.roadnavi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/RN_CanBUS_Decoder01.jpg) As far as I know, info on iMID gets displayed through CAN, therefore if no decoder is present then you won't be able to see anything. As far as USB in the center console, to my knowledge it's connected directly to the imid and I should be affected when installing new stereo. Your gps should also have usb output that you can wire through something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Dash-Fl...ash=item4191bea9ce:g:LaUAAOSw0vBUkIMF&vxp=mtr

Back