Clicky Clutch

turbojay

I just noticed today that the clutch in my brand new Si is making a clicking sound when the clutch is pressed and released. Anyone else experiencing this? Probably not a big deal but a bit disturbing. Please help a newbie out if this is normal or not. Thanks.

That is not good news. I remember people on 8th having their master cylinder replaced under warranty when they had clicking.
For some reason since today, I notice that everytime I engage n disengage my clutch pedal, it makes a click noise, has anyone had this issue before, if so how would I fix it..its getting on my nervous

Service Bulletin 11-005 "Clutch Pedal Pops, Squeaks, or Clicks", "Replace the clutch master cylinder", "The clutch master cylinder has insufficient clearance between the piston and the push rod".
I actually had this same problem yesterday. I had a service tech at Honda of Clear Lake in Webster, Texas look at it. They called back today and are now replacing the master cylinder under warranty. I have a 09 Si.

pdf that explains the adjustment, but it may be something worth having honda look at. It'd be covered under warranty if you're clutch master cylinder is bad

Attachments

• Clutch Adjustment.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 44
Go to the dealership with Service Bulletin 11-005 and see that they say. Most likely it is the same parts and same issue....

This is a common issue amongst civics.. my 2006 did this for a while and has stopped. It's definitely a bit annoying.

did you have anything adjusted/replaced on yours? ^^

I find the clutch in my 2012 EX sedan a bit clicky myself compared to my old 2007 EX coupe.
It shifts very smoothly as I expect from Honda, though I can't help but notice that metallic clicking upon changing gears since day 1.

Though I have grown used to it as it hasn't become any worse in my 5 months of ownership so far, but I am going to bring it up when I get my first service which is due soon!

I haven't heard clicking in the 9th but I have heard a whining kind of noise sometimes when you press down on the clutch and are about to release. Nothing major though. It's not all the time either.

I haven't heard clicking in the 9th but I have heard a whining kind of noise sometimes when you press down on the clutch and are about to release. Nothing major though. It's not all the time either.
That's just an additional solenoid engaging to keep the revs up

I just noticed today that the clutch in my brand new Si is making a clicking sound when the clutch is pressed and released. Anyone else experiencing this? Probably not a big deal but a bit disturbing. Please help a newbie out if this is normal or not. Thanks.
Yeah I got the same issue I just bought my si 2 weeks ago, taking it in and see what happens.

Took my car in 2 weeks ago and they ordered a new spring for the clutch. Last week they installed it and said the car is ready to go. I press the clutch and still hear the exact same clicking noise. Show it to the tech and he claimed someone else diagnosed the problem and he needs the car for a day to diagnose it better. Complete waste of my time.

I'm taking it back to the dealership tomorrow and leaving it there until they resolve this issue or they can have the car back. I'm so frustrated.

Dealer claims the issue is the clutch switch. Since they already replaced this switch once, they won't do anything more. I guess I'll have to call Honda corporate now.

so they said, we replaced your spring, and we think it's the same problem as before...we're not doing anything more....call corporate?

Any chance you can record the noise with your phone or something to let us hear it?

Yea I just notice my car making that same colicky noise I'll try and record it today on my way outa work.

Back