Clicky Clutch

So this click occurs when pressed and released? only noise i have noticed is an almost inaudible pop (best way i can describe it) on release when it engages in the last inch or to...No clicking though

my clutch does the click sound as well... like a very faint/lite snapple lid when pressed and released... so annoying.

I basically gave up, dealer replaced some spring and called it a day. I called Honda and got no where either.

I forgot to post but I'm almost certen it is the spring putting resistance on the peddle I wouldn't worry about it to much just turn the radio up

so they said, we replaced your spring, and we think it's the same problem as before...we're not doing anything more....call corporate?

Any chance you can record the noise with your phone or something to let us hear it?

The good thing is you have it on record that it's happening. If something happens out of warranty with your clutch system, Honda will likely warranty it.

I noticed this too and from what I gathered its the plastic collar on the shifter and when you switch gears it makes a clicking noise call me an idiot but that's what i figured out lol

I noticed this too and from what I gathered its the plastic collar on the shifter and when you switch gears it makes a clicking noise call me an idiot but that's what i figured out lol

Sit the with the car off in neutral and just push the clutch in and out ull still hear it

Clunck

Nope there's nothing my car also has 1300km and my plan is at my first oil change at 5k I'm switching both my engine oil and trans fluid to full synthetic not sure what brand of oil but trans I want to go with amsoil lots of great things are said about it. What about you guys what oil and filters and trans fluid you using?

my 8thgen clutch pedal clicks too, one time i got under the dash and watched the pedal and spring go through the full range of motion. What i saw was the spring assembly was rubbing on itself and shifting around as the pedal moved, the spring is on either side of 15 in the picture. I couldnt find a good picture of the 9th gen pedal assembly.

I have never been motivated enough to try it, but i imagine if one wanted, slipping some nylon washers between the coils of the springs and a dowel through the spring to help hold the washers in place the clicking could be eliminated

14sna601_b23.png

That noise was common in Tacomas when I had mine. IIRC, it happens when the master cylinder isn't completely smooth and the piston seal starts catching some of those imperfections in the bore. My original master never clicked, but when I replaced it due to a leak, the new one clicked a lot, and loudly, too. It varied depending on temperature, but the clicking never affected operation of the clutch. It lasted about 30k miles and was still working well when I sold it. It's annoying, but doesn't usually cause problems.

Just started getting the click this morning at 400 miles. It's subtle, doesn't sound like anything to be worried about, but it's just noticeable enough to be annoying.

Does anyone else with a 2013 Si have a click when they depress and release the clutch pedal? The only things I can find is something going on with the master cylinder but with less than 400 miles on, I'm hoping that isn't the issue.

Does anyone else with a 2013 Si have a click when they depress and release the clutch pedal? The only things I can find is something going on with the master cylinder but with less than 400 miles on, I'm hoping that isn't the issue.
Probably just the switch clicking imo

I don't think it should be clicking on each depress and release though, right?
Depends on how loud. You can usually tell a difference between a switch clicking or a mechanical clicking. If it's not mechanical and is one of those only audible when the radio is off i wouldn't worry about it. The clutch pedal has a switch on it that gets pressed when push the clutch in.

I heard the clicking when I first got my Si, after I put the Tsudo on, I haven't heard anything else lol

Back