Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I keep getting the same arguments...

Coilovers:
"you feel every bump on the road"..."potholes destroy"... "car rides ugly"

Springs/Struts:
"labors expensive"...."theyre really cheap"..."struts break every year"

I just want to drop 1 inch and drive comfortably or improve the feel and not suffer from pothole phobia and other road imperfections. Are these points of view things I should consider or did these people most likely get cheap/replicated hardware and suffer the consequences?

Not sure who's saying those things. Get a set of lowering springs if you're looking for a 1" drop. You're not going to blow struts every year. I've seen a couple people blow theirs, and they were dropped over 2". Get lowering springs.

If all you want is 1" drop then get Eibach Pro Kit or Swift springs. I have Pro Kit springs and the ride is very comfortable for daily driving in the city and highway. It can get bouncy on roads like this
bad-roads-a705edd53b7f8932.jpg

Anythinng like Skunk2 or D2 springs will wear your shocks very quickly.

Thanks guys. Ive just been reading forums and asking around. My mechanic friend keeps urging me to get springs and shocks... and my wholesale performance parts connect keeps saying shocks will blow out and to get coilovers. Coilover guy most likely wants me to buy something more expensive from him. Mechanic seemed more honest.

Yes stock struts with Eibach ProKit springs and SPC camber kit on the back

ProKit is 1.5" front and 1.3" back
My car
20150413_074723_hdr-jpg.46529

There is no way in hell that I would want my car lower than that.

Lowering springs will last you
Yes stock struts with Eibach ProKit springs and SPC camber kit on the back

ProKit is 1.5" front and 1.3" back
My car
20150413_074723_hdr-jpg.46529

There is no way in hell that I would want my car lower than that.

Perfect!

Springs won't kill your struts every year, I know some people who've had them for a good two or three years and still going strong.

@Michal006 amazing ride btw. Was just wondering if you had some technical reason... or just liked it that way. I personally will get a even drop or slightly lower by .2 or .3 for the back bc I have always felt the back of my car is higher. What year is yours?

That's my Dyno blue car ^^^ on Eibach Pro kit springs. I'm very happy with them. Been on them since 2012. Don't worry about your shocks, they will last no problem. The camber kit isn't necessary either.

@Michal006 Was just wondering if you had some technical reason... or just liked it that way. I personally will get a even drop or slightly lower by .2 or .3 for the back bc I have always felt the back of my car is higher.
You cannot adjust the drop on the springs. They are manufactured to drop the car a certain amount. Different springs drop different amounts. The numbers that were mentioned are what those springs will drop your car.

^ that. If you literally want to adjust the height to your own liking, you have to get coilovers.

Yep, going with the springs. Roads are ugly at random areas when I drive. Just got to pick the right drop amount. I knew for sure I wanted to drop 1" but after seeing michal006's I wouldn't mind doing 1-1.5

Back