Coilovers

ac3jason

Maryland, Germantown
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Buying coilovers soon. Got a friend that gets them wholesale price. Looking to spend 1-1.5k USD any brands I should consider? Considering dropping the car 1-1.5inches

take a look at the options in my signature. You'd be able to buy anything out there with that budget

Like webby said, you can pretty much get any coilovers for that price... Most coilovers are actually even cheaper than the MSRP posted in webby's thread. I believe MSRP on D2 RS coils are ~1500 but you can get them on procivic.com for 975. How cheap is wholesale price?

@Scuderi I just send him the part number and he tells me how much he'll sell em for. I sent him the ksport coilovers. Part CHD360-KP. Waiting on a response. Also considering getting the megan or tein coils that were around 900 so ill be sending him those part numbers after I post this... At first i didn't mind going around 1-1.5k, but after reading the thread, I began to consider the 900$ coilovers because this is my daily car. I'm assuming the higher end coilovers are something a track car would need.

Yeah man, shop the prices! It's worth it I promise haha. Let us know what you choose and if your friend can get you them lower than procivic. Good luck!

@Scuderi my wholesale connect ended up just being some guy trying to play me for a fool. Told me he could get something for 780... I searched it up and it was 650... dead... haha. Better off just searching these things on my own. Everything else I asked him for was something he couldnt get. So much for a performance part connect... he claimed he could get anything.

Realized I might just get a spring and shock/damper kit. Ive heard bad things about the actual "ride" after getting coilovers. I just want to drop an inch. Seems like coilovers are for track and lower drops. Not good for my area (pothole palooza)

@ac3jason Damn! Just goes to show you that you're better off doing the searching yourself to make sure you get the best deal! Like Derek said though, as long as you aren't maxed out on coils and riding on the strut you should be fine ride-wise. @derekfriedrice I thought you mentioned in one of your posts that you were maxed in the rear?

so the ride on the coilovers only gets sensitive the lower you drop? @Scuderi . Also, probably wont make it to sonic this sunday I forgot it's fathers day and the family wants to take me to the national harbor to spoil me lol. Instead I will be heading to the flagship in Gaithersburg Friday night. IDK what time they meet there but I'm going to swing by.

Back