Curious Question

Is that the "Welcome Screen" with the Honda emblem and the Si badge upon unlocking and entry or is it called something else? Just digging through my owners manual on my iPhone to try and gather some info.
I think it's i-med , or something like that, but "Welcome Screen" with the Honda emblem and the Si badge upon unlocking and entry" is what we're talking about.

When I disconnected my battery to install my system all I had to do was put in a radio code. Maybe try disconnecting you battery for a length of time, maybe things will reset for lack of a better word.

When I disconnected my battery to install my system all I had to do was put in a radio code. Maybe try disconnecting you battery for a length of time, maybe things will reset for lack of a better word.
Thank you, that's good to hear only radio code required

Well I went and checked it just now. Navi seems fine. Almost convinced its a software issue with my MID now. It does not show the Honda emblem or Si badge upon unlocking and entry. It will only show it like every 2nd or 3rd lock unlock sequence. It's never done this before. Does adjusting the brightness affect this feature? That's the only setting I've adjusted. I went into my audio settings on the Nav unit just to make sure they were fine as well as my trip meter but that's it. WTH frustrated beyond belief as to what is causing this??
Try parking under a covered area again - after a period you'll lose GPS due to lack of reception. GPS is line-of-sight and unless your satellites are super low on the horizon, they can't "see" when you're under cover or behind a building (between you and the satellites). Most GPS take 1 to 5 minutes to acquire a "fix" (3 or more satellites) but they "remember" where they are when you turn them off. Doubt you have an issue.

Try parking under a covered area again - after a period you'll lose GPS due to lack of reception. GPS is line-of-sight and unless your satellites are super low on the horizon, they can't "see" when you're under cover or behind a building (between you and the satellites). Most GPS take 1 to 5 minutes to acquire a "fix" (3 or more satellites) but they "remember" where they are when you turn them off. Doubt you have an issue.

Thanks haven't had a problem since that day, Si is operating properly now :)

I also left one of the dome lights on by accident for 10 hours but no side effects. We had some cold days, car starts without hesitation. Drove it for few 45 mins trips since then so the battery should be back to whatever it lost in those hours. Trunk light seems similar to me in intensity so that should not a problem despite the loss in battery charge. I checked it today with my battery booster and it is full so driving it seems to bring it back to max. Did not think of checking it right after the fact.

Mine always displays the Si screen when I open the door, but I do it once get in and drive, did not try it few times in a row.

If you have one of those battery chargers/testers check it and charge it if needed, if not drive it daily and do not turn all fans, radio gps on all the time for few days to allow the alternator to recharge it faster. I know some battery stores can do a check for you for free.

If you live in a very cold area buy a charger anyways and give it a charge to be sure if you want to be extra sure but it is not a must in my opinion. New car should charge the battery right back in few hours of driving after such an incident. A dome or trunk light is pretty weak.

I accidentally left both map lights on after installing the red H overlay on the steering wheel. They were probably on for 12-14 hours or so and the car started up fine. I attribute that to them being LEDs, though.

I accidentally left both map lights on after installing the red H overlay on the steering wheel. They were probably on for 12-14 hours or so and the car started up fine. I attribute that to them being LEDs, though.
Never checked if it is a LED but it definitely is a small power bulb. Older cars if you forgot them on the battery would be drained by morning, never happened to me but happened to friends.

Most newer cars shut off interior lights after a certain length of time to keep from draining your battery. They come back on when you open your door.

Most newer cars shut off interior lights after a certain length of time to keep from draining your battery. They come back on when you open your door.
Oh yeah, but if you explicitly turn it on by pressing the switch it actually stays on. I would have appreciated a 1 hour timer or something of the sort. Minor thing though i have to say, happily no harm done so all good.

Not sure about you guys but my car turned all the lights off after like 30 minutes of my door being opened. Even my trunk light.

Not sure about you guys but my car turned all the lights off after like 30 minutes of my door being opened. Even my trunk light.
That's cool. That is a good fix for forgotten open door or trunk. In my case I went in the car to change some setting and it was pitch black, turned on the dome light by pressing the button played with the menu and then left, locked the car. In the morning the light was still on before unlocking the car.

Back