Deal on 2014 Si Sedan w/Nav

Unfortunately, this is how it is with a lot of dealerships. They want to sell you what they have in stock, for the most part.
Keep looking around online for the car you want. You'd be surprised how many dealerships will want to swap vehicles with the other dealer to make the sale.
That's how I got mine.

That's how I got mine too. They traded a few vehicles back and forth. I'm not sure what that would do to your deposit though. If it's refundable I'd look around if they can't get the one you want.

Bit of an update… its been a week. The white one that came in had no nav, so obviously I was not happy… salesman said don't worry we're expecting one to come in before the end of the month, I will verify that we have it on order sometime next week (this was last week).

Fast forward, I gave him the benefit of the doubt to wait till Friday… I've left a message with the sales receptionist (since she said she just saw him step out possibly for lunch).. No call so far, I called his phone and left a vm 2 hours ago, still no call.

Am I going overboard? I just feel I should be informed more… this is the first dealership where I'm actually trying to contact the salesperson, where usually it's them that bug the hell out of you.
When I bought my car the dealer checked to see what the surrounding dealerships had on order for their inventory. They just have one of the ordered cars rerouted to my dealership for me because they have sold me a car. Sold vehicles trump vehicles that are just ordered for inventory so my car was just put on the delivery truck to my dealership. I still had to wait three weeks for my car though. Not a lot of them around yet.

Thanks guys, I'm patient to wait.. but don't tell me you'll call me back and won't… or keep saying "The car is coming, don't worry". So far this is the worst dealership experience I've ever had.

I called again that same night on Friday an hour before close (8PM) and demanded the sales receptionist to put him on the phone in person, which he finally came around to speak to me. He told me he the car is in transit but hasn't "hit" yet… (expecting for me to know what he means) , saying "when it hits we'll know when it'll come in, but it's on transit". I asked him then how do you know it's in transit then? He quickly said he would discuss more but he's late for a funeral. Told me to call him tomorrow morning since he'll be in.

Again gave him benefit of the doubt, so I said fine. I called again Saturday morning, nope.. still vm, and he had not tried to return my call all day. All in all, he hasn't even returned any of my calls, it's like I've got to track him down or that I'm an inconvenience to him.

Going in on Monday in person, hopefully he's there… Looks like I'm having some serious bad luck with dealers lately.

I'm sure this is pretty late, but any updates? I feel like this story needs an ending. I am having trouble finding the exact vehicle I want as well (white civic si sedan) for a reasonable price.

I'm sure this is pretty late, but any updates? I feel like this story needs an ending. I am having trouble finding the exact vehicle I want as well (white civic si sedan) for a reasonable price.
same here, im looking for the exact same car. talked to a dealer earlier then the guy told me the price marked up for a gran. its pretty hard to haggle down here in socal.

Went to dealer yesterday to check out if they can sell me a new Si since they did not have the one I wanted. They had just received a blue 4 door w/nav, but I am looking for a black 4 door w/nav.

They quoted me a price of flat $25k before taxes. I may be able to get it for $24.5k by using the college graduate rebate IF AND ONLY IF the car is taken before June 2 (date the deal expires according to Honda). The sales person cannot guarantee this price because he doesn't know if the car will be available before that.

Is this the best I can get on a car they will be put on order (either the price before or after the college rebate)? I feel that it isn't given that this is our 4th honda purchased (06 pilot, 07 civic, 13 fit) for our family. His best he can do for our loyalty was taking $280 off MSRP for a "low availability/new/hot" car.

I went from Raleigh, NC to Alexandria, VA last month (8/23) to get my Alabaster Silver '14 Si Sedan with Navi. Here, best they would do for me was $24K. There, it was $21K. Granted, they did add mudflaps, wheel locks, and cargo net (I insisted on that last, making them REMOVE the pinstriping they had already put on it) for $595 or so, but even so it was IMHO a darn good deal.

I worked with Milead Abebe at Landmark Honda, Alexandria, VA. mabebe@landmarkhonda.dealspace.com. Highly recommend him for getting things done clean. I drove a one-way rental in, did the paperwork, dropped off the rental at Reagan airport, he gave me a ride back, and I was on my way by around 2PM. Not quite an instant turnaround, but roughly four hours (plus driving) for $3K is worth it in my book.

Edit: after looking at some other replies, wow. Here's the procedure: determine what you want. Go on cars.com and find it within as far as you're willing to go for it. Go to the dealer websites for those you would take within that range, and there reach out via the internet department. Ask for their best price, you're ready to buy this weekend. Work the responses (I actually didn't have to do much of anything - Landmark came back with that $3K less than my local dealership), and then go get your car.

I went from Raleigh, NC to Alexandria, VA last month (8/23) to get my Alabaster Silver '14 Si Sedan with Navi. Here, best they would do for me was $24K. There, it was $21K. Granted, they did add mudflaps, wheel locks, and cargo net (I insisted on that last, making them REMOVE the pinstriping they had already put on it) for $595 or so, but even so it was IMHO a darn good deal.
Glad to hear you had the pin striping removed. Pin striping is so yesterday! :D

Bought my 2014 TW Si Sedan for $21,320 OTD w/ mud flaps, visors, navi. Traded in 12 Gti and used the 2.5k as a down payment. Sticker price was 24k but had true car value at mid 23k

Back