Death_roll's GC6 Backroad Killer

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Hello, as some of you know I oversee the 9thcivic (carried from 8thcivic before the place went batshit) dragon meet every year. It seems like I change cars like I change underwear, but I think I'll keep this one for a bit.

I had several newer turbo Subarus and a G35 in the past but got sick of their bloated handling, large size, and pesky electronic nannies. So I decided to get a genuine 90s car with a real mechanical throttle, no stability control BS, and no warranty to worry about :D. I bought the car pretty much already modified, but I've had to do quite a bit of maintenance and some additional mods to get it better. If I decide to keep it for a long time it will eventually see boost or an H6 swap. But right now the mods are as follows; *(means it was added by me)

Engine:
- Custom cold air intake with a K&N filter
- Stupid UEL header was ditched for a tubular OEM equal length manifold, the boxer rumble is overrated anyway
- *Stromung catted midpipe
- OBX exhaust...will eventually be replaced with Borla or Stromung
- *Grimmspeed lightweight crank pulley
- Paranoid Fabrications grounding kit
- *Mishimoto baffled catch can (pcv side)

Drivetrain:
- *Cusco engine mounts
- Group N transmission mount
- TIC transmission crossmember bushings
- *Perrin pitch stop mount
- *Kartboy short shifter
- *Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings
- Kartboy rear differential outrigger bushings
- *Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts
- Kartboy botox rear subframe bolts

Suspension:
- RCE STI black springs
- Koni sport adjustable shocks
- Whiteline comp-C front upper strut mounts
- Rallitek 19mm rear swaybar (at full stiff)
- Rallitek HD swaybar mounts
- Rallitek rear endlinks
- *Whiteline front endlinks
- *Whiteline urethane front swaybar bushings
- *Front strut tower bar (nearly free)
- *Front camber bolts from a 2014 WRX, adds .5 degrees more negative camber compared to the stock bolts
- *Whiteline steering rack bushings
- *Moog outer tie rod ends

Wheels / tires / brakes:
- Kosei K1 TS 17x7" (14lbs)
- Bridgestone RE11A 215/45R17
- Goodridge SS brake lines
- *Stoptech STR600 brake fluid
- *Stoptech street pads

Misc:
- Hella supertone horns
- Hella foglights
- 2.5RS coupe spoiler
- *Rear quarters rolled 45 degrees because wide tires
- *Baffles pulled out of the hood to make it a true vented hood
- *OEM Subaru oil cooler from a forester
- *Power steering cooler

Possible Future mods:
- Hood scoop delete
- TIC shift linkage joint and bushings (when I do the clutch)
- WRX or H6 swap (long future mod if I keep the car)

Below are some pics, under the hood and under the car. I will add more as I go along.
IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2108.JPGIMG_2110.JPG IMG_2105.JPG

Last edited:
That's a good looking RS. A H6 swap would be awesome.

Thanks, I'll update tomorrow when I'm switching out midpipes. I'll have more pics then.

I'm going HFC because I'll be leading the dragon drives and don't wanna kill my mates behind me. Also, it's pretty absurd to have a catless pipe on a 175hp car :shady:

A few weeks ago something told me to check the timing belt. Good thing I did because whoever did it before put the belt guide on too tight and the belt looked like this:
IMG_2069.JPG

So I put a brand new belt on, new belt pullies, tensioner, and a Grimmspeed crank pulley.
This past weekend I put on the Subaru OE oil cooler, new coolant, and thermostat.

I would advise getting rid of those nasty brake pads. You will soon exceed their capabilities..

I would advise getting rid of those nasty brake pads. You will soon exceed their capabilities..
And go with....

I think they're HPS, they do dust and stop the car well on the street, keep in mind this is only 2800lbs and not a 3300lb pig like a WRX.

And go with....

I think they're HPS, they do dust and stop the car well on the street, keep in mind this is only 2800lbs and not a 3300lb pig like a WRX.
Hawk HPS = Huge Pile of ****.

My car is only 2800lb too..

HP+ are better for the kind of driver you are, but are noisy and dust a lot.
Axxis/PBR Ultimate are by far the best performance (widely available) street pad
Performance Friction Z-Rated are my favorite and what I use on the M3 for street use. Hard to find for non german cars from what I've seen though.
Akebono performance pads are much better than the huge steaming turdpile they used to create the HPS also.

Hawk HPS = Huge Pile of ****.

My car is only 2800lb too..

HP+ are better for the kind of driver you are, but are noisy and dust a lot.
Axxis/PBR Ultimate are by far the best performance (widely available) street pad
Performance Friction Z-Rated are my favorite and what I use on the M3 for street use. Hard to find for non german cars from what I've seen though.
Akebono performance pads are much better than the huge steaming turdpile they used to create the HPS also.

I'll have to look into it, I only 'think' they're HPS, the previous owner said what they are and I don't really recall.

I used stoptech street pads in the past on both WRXs and the G35 and they weren't too bad. I'm going to find out exactly what's on the car now and maybe change them out.

This car has PS issues too? We have so much in common...

Not really, the PS is fine, I just want the added cooling capability should I autox or track the car. @k757 stated that he overheated the PS fluid on his WRX on several occasions because that car did not have a cooler. He doesn't have to worry about that with the EPS on the Fiesta.

Not really, the PS is fine, I just want the added cooling capability should I autox or track the car. @k757 stated that he overheated the PS fluid on his WRX on several occasions because that car did not have a cooler. He doesn't have to worry about that with the EPS on the Fiesta.
This is true, I boiled the PS fluid on multiple times. It could have been a bad Subaru design, but once I changed to full Synthetic and problem was solved.

Nice car BTW [emoji41]

Received my brake parts today, flushing the fluid and changing the pads a week or two before the dragon meet.

Also cleaned and painted my rear muffler black instead of having it polished ricer style. I'll have pics of that tomorrow.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407553991.705868.jpg

Back