Debadging....Why and What

Discussion in 'Other Makes & Models' started by Monk, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Monk

Monk Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    2012 Civic EX
    Body Style:
    Coupe FG3:ASM
    When I debadge I don't want anything but H or Honda left, no model badges. I DO like the special badges like the Si ........... So I wouldn't want Civic/Accord/etc.

When I owned a King Cobra Mustang II ... 5.0 L , with air package, Alum block, & tranny housing...... someone say a M II would run ? .... But anyway there was nothing left on the car but FORD & 5.0 ................. Nothing that said Mustang, does anyone not no what a mustang is? And that leads me to why I don't want model references, I can look at a car I'm interested in and tell what it is, if I don't know, I'll have the fun of researching it.

When referring to web sites I like the model names, so we know of like interest, So maybe my mind flip-flops...?

What say ye? What do you like to leave, or remove?

2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2018 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

I say remove. I think it looks cleaner without the "civic" badge, dealer logo/sticker.... whatever. I know some like to remove the "ivtec" off the doors, and the si badges to make it more of a sleeper.

Monk likes this.
  3. squiggy
    • Staff

squiggy Cartographer

Vehicle Model:
    '12 Civic Si
    Body Style:
    DBP II Coupe
    I am all for debadging. I definitely like the clean look. I went round and round with myself as to whether or not I should get rid of the Si badges, though. I decided to keep them on because it is a pride thing for me. It is my first performance car. To me, it is akin to leaving on the RS, SS, or even RS/SS badges on a Camaro. It is just minor enough to set the car apart and the people that will know what it is will appreciate it for what it is.

Monk likes this.
  4. Monk

Monk Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    2012 Civic EX
    Body Style:
    Coupe FG3:ASM
    I agree , like leaving the 5.0 on my Stang, back in the late 70's.....
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...Aujo0wHtuYDgBw&sqi=2&ved=0CE4Q9QEwAw&dur=6591

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  5. squiggy
    • Staff

squiggy Cartographer

Vehicle Model:
    '12 Civic Si
    Body Style:
    DBP II Coupe
  6. 07TLX
    • Supporting Member

07TLX Supporting Member

Vehicle Model: