Depo UAE headlight projector changed+plug and play harness

Touring

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
civic touring
Body Style
sedan
Hello guys I have some question first I have auto on off headlight system
I think I can't use anymore auto light system when I change the from halogen projector to HID projector and
I found someone doing retrofit service near my city but I can't decided which ballast best auto light system.
these two ballast
second I wanna change DRL system is it possible or not ? I don't want to use high beam same as DRL I want to replacment led strip or led DRL thanks for answer.
Third question.
about harness I found all part for plug and play harness I did everyting from the DIY Thread http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-oem-halogen-projector-headlights.4834/
but I don't know what parts I need put the cable in a connector can you describe if you know anything thank you.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I've read it can make starting the car harder, as it's requiring more juice to flow to the lights/ballasts at startup. I've had cars with auto headlights, and I seriously don't understand the point. It takes a millisecond to flip headlights on/off. I've literally never used the feature. Oem ballast like that will definitely have a better track record versus something 3rd party. I have a 13yr old OEM ballast that's used daily, and it's still going strong. You're definitely paying for that reliability. Your high beam bulb is the same bulb that works as your DRL. It's the same bulb. It's just receiving less power while running in DRL mode. The retrofitter would have to wire the car differently to have an independent drl/led strip and something else as the high beam.

I've read it can make starting the car harder, as it's requiring more juice to flow to the lights/ballasts at startup. I've had cars with auto headlights, and I seriously don't understand the point. It takes a millisecond to flip headlights on/off. I've literally never used the feature. Oem ballast like that will definitely have a better track record versus something 3rd party. I have a 13yr old OEM ballast that's used daily, and it's still going strong. You're definitely paying for that reliability. Your high beam bulb is the same bulb that works as your DRL. It's the same bulb. It's just receiving less power while running in DRL mode. The retrofitter would have to wire the car differently to have an independent drl/led strip and something else as the high beam.

Before I buy these retrofit kits can I use halogen bulbs in a projector Is it any problem like blind on coming traffic thanks.

The mini h1 projectors could be used with a h1 halogen bulb. I don't know how the output will be, but it's possible. Most projectors wouldn't be able to swap a halogen bulb into them because the bulb base won't be compatible.

You shouldn't have any issue with the Auto feature with an HID kit as long as you're running a relay harness that takes power from the battery. Also you can only use a halogen bulb in a Mini H1 if you modify the projector and that would void the warranty on it.

second I wanna change DRL system is it possible or not ? I don't want to use high beam same as DRL I want to replacment led strip or led DRL thanks for answer.

You can change it to anything you want, but it depends on what type of functionality you want from it.

You can splice in and pick up a keyed/accessory II hot line, and the drl would be on whenever the car is on......not very pretty in my opinion.
You could do the same but build in a relay to shut them off when you turn on the headlights...slightly more elegant

I ran into almost the exact same problem working with my TLX retrofit, and came up with this.....

slc_712_dcvbr-jpg.49019.jpg

It takes the 7v(or there abouts) that the DRL works on and makes 2 12v constant outputs. One for DRL one for high beam.
Also retains the full DRL functionality, only on after the parking brake is released, and off with the headlights.

A full write up on what it does and parts list can be found in this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/stock-s2k-hid-corolla-led-tlx-leds.13578/

Hope all of that makes some sense.
And answers that part of your question...

You can change it to anything you want, but it depends on what type of functionality you want from it.

You can splice in and pick up a keyed/accessory II hot line, and the drl would be on whenever the car is on......not very pretty in my opinion.
You could do the same but build in a relay to shut them off when you turn on the headlights...slightly more elegant

I ran into almost the exact same problem working with my TLX retrofit, and came up with this.....

View attachment 49132

It takes the 7v(or there abouts) that the DRL works on and makes 2 12v constant outputs. One for DRL one for high beam.
Also retains the full DRL functionality, only on after the parking brake is released, and off with the headlights.

A full write up on what it does and parts list can be found in this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/stock-s2k-hid-corolla-led-tlx-leds.13578/

Hope all of that makes some sense.
And answers that part of your question...

thank you for reply and information I'll keep in my mind.

Back