DIY DIY - Honda 5 Pin Magic Switch!

I just disassembled the whole thing, so i could get to the pins and solder wires
QQPHuG9l.jpg

uQkgAFAl.jpg

VyzCxzWl.jpg

Pauly99to17 and squiggy thanks for the help

Last edited:
Wow, I'm impressed! I really didn't think it was reasonably possible to solder that. You Sir, have proven me wrong.:clapping:

Wow, I'm impressed! I really didn't think it was reasonably possible to solder that. You Sir, have proven me wrong.:clapping:

Looks like somebody is hiding the quality of the soldering due to a lack of a pick, though. :D :hiding:

My soldering is always ugly.

Last edited:
Looks like somebody is hiding the quality of the soldering due to a lack of a pick, though. :D :hiding:

My soldering is always ugly.

lol mine is too. i quickly covered each solder with tape so no one would see :hiding:

it sure took a lot of patience and time, but really worth it. now just gotta test to see if it works

Just finished and IT WORKS! i'm so proud of myself lol
I have to finish wiring one of the backseat lights and i had to cut one of my backup camera wires cause it was in the way so i still have to fix that,
but IT ACTUALLY WORKS
i'm uploading a video now just to show the switch controlling the lights

Has anyone found the part number or an online store where you can order the green plugs that fit the 5-pin switch? I don't have any salvage yards near me and would prefer to just have some shipped to me. Thanks!

Nope.....they don't exist as a single part. They always come as part of an assembly (Ex. with wires for ambient light kit).

I have a couple at my place that I may not be using....PM me. Maybe we can work something out.

I am going to have fun soldering the power/amp turn on wire (blue) from my receiver to my amp this weekend. I am going to have to do it in the dash due one of the wires for the backup cam preventing me from taking the harness out completely. Yay!

Lol have fun with that. Hopefully you don't melt too much plastic

Lol have fun with that. Hopefully you don't melt too much plastic

Yeah, not thrilled, but it is the last wire I have to run. I still need to bury the RCA's too, but that won't be a big deal. I am looking forward to getting the car back together. Of course, I want to do some soundproofing first and have yet to decide what to use and how to proceed.

You guys are crazy, I just used the same pin connectors as the imid mod but not take them out of the black housing and heat shrink and done.

You guys are crazy, I just used the same pin connectors as the imid mod but not take them out of the black housing and heat shrink and done.

I pretty much solder and heat shrink everything if I can reach it. I ended up using caps for the wring of the back up cam to the reverse light though. Wasn't worth the effort due to lack of slack.

Back