Do I need to buy new?

GhostSi13

Hey guys,

Newish Civic owner here, being the noob that I am when it comes to driving a low car I went to park and apparently the cement was too close. Scraping sound backing out and here's what resulted.

I can see the foam is out of place causing the bumper not to fit properly anymore. Not much damage to the underside other than the driving lights are shot. Anyways, do you think I need to replace this part or undo the bolts underneath, put the foam back and live with the fact that my driving lights won't work anymore? Any advice? Go easy on me - it's my first time

Cheers,

B1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

The biggest concern is that your screw holding the side of the bumper up on both sides may be broken out of the bumper?

Watch the video in this that shows how to remove your bumper and you will see the screws I'm talking about on each fender. Getting the foam back in place won't be a big deal. If the screws are broken on each side, it could make holding the bumper on the car a bit tricky now.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-hid-retrofit-headlight-installation.2531/

Report back with your findings

Did it rip a hole in the bumper screw hole when it pulled out (either side).

You may be able to get away with using a washer to apply more pressure, but I'd have to see how bad it is cracked out.

Back