Do Your Front Seats Squeak?

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I'm 6'0" and 165lbs. I say that to rule out tonnage as the problem.
The driver's seat is comfortable for me, but within a month, the driver seat started squeaking when I make the slightest move in it . . . weird squeak, not from the rails or the bolts underneath, not from the area where the seat meets the back. No. It's squeaking in the seatback, as though there are springs in it, but I know its just foam, right? It's getting annoying. An internal seat squeak. That's a new one on me.

Interesting, but no, not quite the same. It squeaks like a wicker chair.

2012 LX, 4900 kilometers on it, no squeak from the seats, however the mid portion of the dash in cold weather is making noise. Rather than have the dealership handle it, I will fix it myself.

My rear seats squeak!

Quagmire-family-guy-684483_1024_768.gif

I was wondering how long it would take to take this turn. :cool:

I was wondering how long it would take to take this turn. :cool:
At least it bumps your thread, so someone that has the same sound my see this...... just saying fun remarks do help to bump.

At least it bumps your thread, so someone that has the same sound my see this...... just saying fun remarks do help to bump.
This is true. And that was hilarious! I wouldn't have passed up a joke like that either :D

There appears to be 3 springs in the lower seat portion, and at least 2 on the seat back if you look at the breakdown online. There is one up near your shoulder blades, and another that seems to be attached to a plate that sits against the midback. Look at the breakdown for front seat components and you will see what I mean.

I would visit your dealer to have them take a look at it.

Does it squeek at a certain temperature? Going over bumps? Around turns? Leaning back? Getting in/out? During cowgirl sex?
It squeaks leaning back, turning in the seat and I'd have to google cowgirl sex. It sounds as tthough it's coming from the seat frame somewhere. I'm going to take it in. I hate squeaks and rattles.

sorry didnt mean to junk up the thread. But i never understood threads like this on a car thats less than a year old lol. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Warranties are convenient

sorry didnt mean to junk up the thread. But i never understood threads like this on a car thats less than a year old lol. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Warranties are convenient

It helps to get others opinions and experiences, though. Take the noisy blower motor for example. It annoys almost everyone, but the dealerships all say that is normal. Why waste a trip and the hassle of dealing with the service department? Also, getting other's insight could be helpful by providing information to us before going to a service department.

It helps to get others opinions and experiences, though. Take the noisy blower motor for example. It annoys almost everyone, but the dealerships all say that is normal. Why waste a trip and the hassle of dealing with the service department? Also, getting other's insight could be helpful by providing information to us before going to a service department.

i guess. But i would just take it in first.... see what they say, then share my experience.

i guess. But i would just take it in first.... see what they say, then share my experience.
In my book that would be like going to court without a lawyer, it doesn't take any money and very little time to use this forum for one of it's many reason for being here.
Got a problem/question/idea/etc. , post it !
That's what we do, help each other. As far as your post that's what you're doing, voicing an opinion, which can also be helpful. The key is to help each other.
This is not to be knocking your post, it's just to explain your question.

i never understood threads like this on a car thats less than a year old lol.

If you don't understand, just ask someone in the front of the classroom. I just wondered if anyone had a squeaky seat. Instead, I'm finding squeaky wheels.

You absolutley meant to "junk up the thread" with jibberish, and you recognized it as jibberish, but couldn't help yourself. It's OK. Just don't say you didn't mean to. Doesn't everyone know how to take a warranted car back to the dealer?

Back