eBay Turbo?

I guess some people must enjoy the hobby of tinkering and doing something by themselves.

This right here.

Personally, I think it makes more sense to spend that extra money and just buy a faster car with the engine already putting out the HP that you are looking for.

Depends. I can buy an Si for $22k, put $10k into it, and be faster that many stock performance cars that easily run $35k+. Of those people who buy those cars that are into the hobby, how many of them do you think won't sink more money into them? Plus, in the end, I know I have quality performance parts as opposed to OEM performance parts and the car is unique to my tastes as opposed to something homogeneous.

WAKE UPPPPPP :beer::beer::beer::corona::corona::corona::corona:

Juice with bubbles? Samuel Adams or bust:domokundance:

clint_ew.gif

This right here.

Depends. I can buy an Si for $22k, put $10k into it, and be faster that many stock performance cars that realistically run $35k+. Of those people who buy those cars that are into the hobby, how many of them do you think won't sink more money into them? Plus, in the end, I know I have quality performance parts as opposed to OEM performance parts and the car is unique to my tastes as opposed to something homogeneous.
I see both sides. I like personalizing cars with mods. But I've found that oem parts tend to be better quality than a lot of aftermarket parts. I've also found that stock cars tend to just drive better than modded cars. Sure you can buy a civic for 24k, put 10k in it and have a really fast car, but at the end of the day you still have a civic. I could take 34k and buy a Mustang GT or Camaro SS that also have 400+ hp and the potential to hit even higher performance if I did want to mod. And at the end of the day it will still be a higher class of car than the civic.

I see both sides. I like personalizing cars with mods. But I've found that oem parts tend to be better quality than a lot of aftermarket parts. I've also found that stock cars tend to just drive better than modded cars. Sure you can buy a civic for 24k, put 10k in it and have a really fast car, but at the end of the day you still have a civic. I could take 34k and buy a Mustang GT or Camaro SS that also have 400+ hp and the potential to hit even higher performance if I did want to mod. And at the end of the day it will still be a higher class of car than the civic.

Yeah, that really comes down to power goals and the relation between the personality of the owner and the car. For me, I don't see myself driving a Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, etc. I also prefer smaller cars.

Yeah, that really comes down to power goals and the relation between the personality of the owner and the car. For me, I don't see myself driving a Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Challenger, etc. I also prefer smaller cars.
Understandable. I would, however, my dream car, realistic dream car anyways, is a BMW 328i, 335i, or m3 lol.

Reactions: Nix
I can actually see myself in a Mustang. Especially after driving my friends 2014 5.0 with bolt ons and later bone stock 2015 5.0. Something about Mustangs and V8 gets me going:oops:

Also this:drooling:
2015 Ford Mustang GT
BASE PRICE $32,925
PRICE AS TESTED $46,380
VEHICLE LAYOUT Front-engine, RWD, 4-pass, 2-door coupe
ENGINE 5.0L/435-hp/400-lb-ft DOHC 32-valve V-8
TRANSMISSION 6-speed manual
CURB WEIGHT (F/R DIST) 3814 lb (54/46%)
WHEELBASE 107.1 in
LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 188.3 x 75.4 x 54.9 in
0-60 MPH 4.4 sec
QUARTER MILE 12.8 sec @ 112.2 mph
BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 107 ft
LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.96 g (avg)
MT FIGURE EIGHT 24.7 sec @ 0.84 g (avg)
EPA CITY/HWY/COMB FUEL ECON 15/25/19 mpg
ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY 225/135 kW-hrs/100 miles
CO2 EMISSIONS, COMB 1.06 lb/mile

It's a heavy pig, but muscle cars were never lightweight.:tumbleweed:

Not happy with the Civic anymore?:hiding:
I actually love this car. The look on people's faces when the bov goes off is truly priceless. This car is easily a high 11 sec car. But the thing that gets me is that with a 5.0 you can be that fast with just simple bolt ons lol.

I like that my car is original. I dont see any turbo civics in my neighborhood.. plus, its just a civic but when people hear and see me flying by, it not just a civic anymore...
I learned alot and i love transforming my car and seeing the results.. that is the best part about it for me... (thank god for this site haha)
But yea, dont cheap out on a cheap turbo.. its a new car.. the only thing i wish i did different was just buy a cheaper car with a good engine.. this way im not worried about blowing it up and throwing alot of money out. Because now, i definety baby my car and it kinda kills the enjoyement just a little bit..
If i do it again i might get an s2000 and just have some fun with it..

Back