Whoa. You're saying the stock equivalent is NOT the same as the reflash? Not to question your statement but where did you get that information? If it's true, and I have no reason to doubt it, that explains EVERYTHING... except perhaps why (or how) I got the impression FP would fix revhang.

Anyway, thanks for posting this. It's been very helpful.

The fastest way for you to see is by looking at the rev limiter. On the reflash it is 7600 I think but on the stock equivalent map its the same as the Honda stock setting. Calling them will get no where. Whoever answers the phone at Hondata didn't even know. However I can tell you from first hand experience that the stock equivalent map brought back all my rev-hang that the OEM Honda update had fixed. It felt excatly like when I drove it off the lot hanging forever. Someone on my forum said that Hondata plans to release the "reflash" in a future update. I didn't read into all the details on that since it doesn't effect me anymore. Flashpro can fix rev-hang but only if you get a custom tune or wait for the reflash map to be released.

a question, sir. Is this a direct quote from Doug over at Hondata? If this is verbatim from Doug, he's clearly saying that the "reflash" offered by Hondata IS included in FP although perhaps by the different name of "stock equivalent". This is an interesting addition to what Batman offered, saying the stock equivalent (aka "reflash") did nothing.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting the reflash map -- maybe it will get released one day, maybe not. Hondata usually releases new basemaps once in a while with FlashPro updates, but that could be a long wait for something that may or may not come.

They've released exactly what they've advertised -- a tuning solution that provides you with nearly limitless possibilities in what you can do with the car now.

It's not, and it was never included for the 8th gen either.
webby has what appears to be a direct quote from Doug over at Hondata that says it is. In other words, the reflash IS included. Maybe the jury is still out on this...

I've never seen that wording in any of their 2012 FlashPro advertisements...

That's the reflash -- which is what we refer to as a "one size fits all" OTS (off the shelf) map, which might as well be treated as a slightly better basemap. We had that on the 8th gen's as well... never came with FlashPro either when FlashPro came out. I've tuned people moving from reflash to actual FlashPro (8th gen) -- way better results.

in an email -

webby said:
Users were wondering how many base maps the new flashpro would have with it, ...[snip]
hondata said:
It contains the reflash calibration, large injector calibrations, and it can switch off the misfire codes associated with light flywheels.
Doug
I don't have a flashpro in front of me to confirm his statements. Maybe an error on his part?

in an email -

I don't have a flashpro in front of me to confirm his statements. Maybe an error on his part?

This was in an email with Hondata? Doesn't exactly translate to public advertising... There is no reflash calibration for the 2012's, nor was there one released for the 06-11's either. The only cals that look like they have any tuning done are the 780cc modified injector cal and the DW injector calibrations (I do not recommend wasting your money on those injectors btw).

This was in an email with Hondata? Doesn't exactly translate to public advertising... There is no reflash calibration for the 2012's, nor was there one released for the 06-11's either. The only cals that look like they have any tuning done are the 780cc modified injector cal and the DW injector calibrations (I do not recommend wasting your money on those injectors btw).
Okay, get this. I head out to do some serious datalogging. I open FP which prompts for an update. I download the update...which miraculously includes a major addition called "reflash" calibration! On my way back home, I may just stop at the store for some champagne.
(Not to worry... I'm still getting a tune!)

Report to follow....

There you go, the 1.4.1 update added the Reflash map. Heck it actually added quite a few more things for the 2012's that were missing in the initial release ;)

my quote was from an email I personally had with Doug @ Hondata

Hello all, I browse here but mostly post on 9thgen under the same user name. I also post on 8thcivic and civicforums. I've had a 7th, 8th and now 9th gen. This is my first Si though. I got the Flashpro on release day and was also dissapointed that we had no base maps to start out with. The "stock equivalent" map btw is not the same as the reflash from Hondata, it doesn't really fix or improve anything, it just adds the addition of hondata's calibration tools into the software. So basically if you want anything out of the Flashpro at this point you are forced to get a tune. I had the OEM Honda ECU update and it got less rev-hang than the "stock equivalent."

That said, I got an e-tune from Vit since I wasn't going to just put this thing in the closet. It was a tedios process I will admit and requires a bit of time and patience. However, he worked with me 100% and responded to every email VERY fast, we even data logged and re-calibrated till 11pm one night and I was the one to call it quits not him. But this story isn't to just credit him as a good tuner, it's to tell you how much of a difference the tune made for me.

To say the difference was night and day would be pretty accurate. My only mods are an ART SRI and P2R TBS. With the etune, throttle response improved a crazy amount, however good you think it is now you just don't know. Gas mpg went up though I can't say exactly how much, I would put it around 2mpg for the same drive I have been doing and calculating daily by hand, not by just the iMid. Power is way up, the best way I can put it is that it felt like the car woke up, found its potential, came alive. On the same stretch of road I wen't from 181hp on the e-dyno to my highest 215hp. Thats not to say the number is completely accurate and I'm making 215hp, but does show the difference in power the tune made for me. Rev-hang is gone btw, not improved but gone. I get a little upward blip in rpm between shifts with zero hang. The wife commented how amazingly smooth it is now going between gears.

Basically, if your going to buy a Flashpro make sure you add the cost of a tune to it, because without one you are getting nothing. Even if there were base maps they aren't going to do much for you or come close to a quality tune. Also, at $150 Vit is giving you a steal. I had no idea how much work goes into making a tune and this man worked like a beast! I don't feel like I would have gotten anything better by spending $400 at a dyno shop except that it would have been faster and I could have just sat there without driving around datalogging. But you have to determin if that is worth the $250 or more difference. Not to mention if you add a mod, an etuner can give you a quick map update for it at a small fee vs having to go back to the dyno shop and spend way more.

Hope this helps you all out there.

Lotta great information there. Thanks for posting this. :thumb:

There you go, the 1.4.1 update added the Reflash map. Heck it actually added quite a few more things for the 2012's that were missing in the initial release ;)

ooo, like what? I know I will be waiting to upgrade as it appears there are problems with 1.4.1, but would still be curious to hear what they added (the release log on their forum is light on detail).

From Hondata forum (http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14780) -

V1.4.1 (26 November 2012)
  • Added CRZ & TSX calibrations.
  • Removed ECT2 as traction control input (too slow).

Well, Flashpro is also a good tuning solution for cars with none to light to heavy modification. I'm not sure why you only bought it just for the rev hang issue. Try flashprotuning.com to see if anyone there ( VitViper maybe?) can help you out.

I highly suggest VIT he helped tune my 09 SI car worked great, never threw a code or had an issue for 50,000 miles until I sold it

^ Thanks for the review!

BTW, for anyone considering FlashPro -- I'm still selling the combo FlashPro + Tune deal for $750. I've priced it that low so there is no excuse to NOT get a tune with your FlashPro.

Vit thanks for helping me tune my 08 si, traded it in and got the new 09 Si.. So I will be looking to of course get a FP and your tune. How long are you doing this deal for?? I only have 250 miles on it right now, how many miles would you say is a good point to make the move?

It would just be on a stock engine no mods for right now, I know your work first had and your ability to open these bad boys up.

Thanks!

Vit thanks for helping me tune my 08 si, traded it in and got the new 09 Si.. So I will be looking to of course get a FP and your tune. How long are you doing this deal for?? I only have 250 miles on it right now, how many miles would you say is a good point to make the move?

It would just be on a stock engine no mods for right now, I know your work first had and your ability to open these bad boys up.

Thanks!

Yeah I remember :D

You still got my email? Hit me up sometime. The FlashPro + eTune for the 8th gen is a bit more (it's still cheaper than buying flashpro elsewhere and then getting the tune, but not discounted like the 9th gen since the 9th gen is a special through the end of the year). But we can probably work out the same deal for a returning customer ;)

Yeah I remember :D

You still got my email? Hit me up sometime. The FlashPro + eTune for the 8th gen is a bit more (it's still cheaper than buying flashpro elsewhere and then getting the tune, but not discounted like the 9th gen since the 9th gen is a special through the end of the year). But we can probably work out the same deal for a returning customer ;)

Thanks with my new 9th do you have a suggested miles before that upgrade? searched high and low have not seen any suggestions. The dealership manager had a ton of fun driving it, said he never knew what the 8ths could do. Of course I unlocked it on them..lol

Back