Financial - Retirement - Stock Advice Thread

Dow traded pretty much sideways up until November and then shot up. It’s showing like 13% gain for the year, and that is really all from the last 6 or so weeks.
If I did the numbers correctly, my 401k gained 8% so far for the year. It was down big time from Jan - Apr. Made a big gain the last 2 months, mainly in November.

This is for my one account with my current job. I never transferred my funds from my last jobs 401k…which I believe is John Hancock. I’ll have to see how that did for 2023.

I keep forgetting I have that other 401k account, lol.

If I did the numbers correctly, my 401k gained 8% so far for the year. It was down big time from Jan - Apr. Made a big gain the last 2 months, mainly in November.

This is for my one account with my current job. I never transferred my funds from my last jobs 401k…which I believe is John Hancock. I’ll have to see how that did for 2023.

I keep forgetting I have that other 401k account, lol.

Do you know if yours is invested in individual stocks, etfs, mutuals or a mix of things? Are you able to pick your own things to invest in, or maybe handled by Hancock?

Do you know if yours is invested in individual stocks, etfs, mutuals or a mix of things? Are you able to pick your own things to invest in, or maybe handled by Hancock?
I believe the current work one is a Vanguard....I don't think I can choose and I believe is a mixture of investments.

The hancock one...I could choose 3 plans, safe risk, med risk, high risk, or I could choose all on my own.

How's everyone's stocks looking? They have been trending up. :woot:

My NVIDIA stock is up 22.59% the last month :thumb:

YTD up $1212 cnd. .28% rate of return. not bad considering it was -$600 first week of janurary.

You looking at it every day now? lol
No. But far too often. My dad owned the business that I use for my investments and he said to only look at it once a year. Great advice that I've never done.

It's also very convenient with an app.

I look at mine maybe once a month now, but I randomly made 50 bucks yesterday. :party:

STONKS

...probs gonna somehow be in the red by summer, though lol

No. But far too often. My dad owned the business that I use for my investments and he said to only look at it once a year. Great advice that I've never done.

It's also very convenient with an app.

Uninstall App = problem solved for looking at it too much ;)

I look at mine maybe once a month now, but I randomly made 50 bucks yesterday. :party:

STONKS

...probs gonna somehow be in the red by summer, though lol

Get that bad ju ju outta here!

Back