Financial - Retirement - Stock Advice Thread

I have mutual funds as well. I'll look into it.
say a fund like FDGRX from fidelity as an example... dump the name into yahoo finance, and it'll give you this
then on the left side (at least on a desktop/computer) it let's you click "holdings". Then it gives you this page -

From there you can see what the top 10 holdings are for % of the fund.... and it holds essentially 12% in nvidia which is a little crazy for a mutual fund. If nvidia tanked earnings that mutual fund would take a significant hit.

Top 10 Holdings (53.34% of Total Assets)​

SymbolCompany% Assets

NVDA
NVIDIA Corporation 11.94%

AAPL
Apple Inc. 11.02%

MSFT
Microsoft Corporation 7.48%

AMZN
Amazon.com, Inc. 6.18%

GOOGL
Alphabet Inc. 4.52%

LULU
Lululemon Athletica Inc. 4.41%

GOOG
Alphabet Inc. 2.57%

CRM
Salesforce, Inc. 1.88%

TSLA
Tesla, Inc. 1.75%

LLY
Eli Lilly and Company 1.58%

I just happened to check my investments yesterday and this morning and I gained $1300 in a day.
I hope this keeps up so I can retire a little earlier.

Also checked my ethereum for the first time in a while and I'm up $13. I've been negative $150 for a long time.

Do you all have a chunk of cash on crypto stuff? I keep seeing vids on how x, y and z coins are “gonna go to the moon” by 2025.

crypto stuff
you have to be comfortable with a lot of risk and huge swings up and down. Bitcoin went from 64k to around 16k, and now it's back to 63k around a year later. There are days where it can go up or down a few thousand dollars.

Do you all have a chunk of cash on crypto stuff? I keep seeing vids on how x, y and z coins are “gonna go to the moon” by 2025.
I just bought $250 worth of ethereum like 2 years ago for fun. I have big hopes that it will be worth millions in 10 years.

Just did the math. Even if it hit 60k I'd only get 5k back. Lol.

Last edited:
Market is a yoyo bubble. Everybody was banking on inflation going down and interest rates following. Not happening. They were gonna try to prop it up and run the money train until the end of the year. I think we’re gonna see stagnation or slight declines in the market until year end. Then the bottom’s gonna fall out.

Looks like Iran is downplaying the retaliation strike, so the market corrected for now.

I have lost like 3k in the past few weeks. Great reason to stop looking at my stuff.

Back