Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
2DR
Anyone know where the ground is for the fogs on these cars? 12 Si

Can a mod fix the title. Effing auto correct. Fog*

Let me see if I can find a picture.

Edit: here ya go. (Passenger side)
I grounded my driver's side to the negative post of the battery.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
You would need to remove your bumper for that passenger side ground. If you are trying to do this without removing the battery you couldddd run both grounds to the negative pole on the bumper, but that wire is probably not long enough. Lengthening that wire is possible but would not be recommended.

I'm trying to figure out why my fogs (hids) out of no where. Started Flickering. Not bad. But noticable. Sometimes one side. Sometimes the other. I changed bulbs. Ballasts. Same thing. So I put old ones back in. For 2 years I had no Flickering. Why now? . There is some slight corrosion on factory plugs (prongs) but nothing severe. I am going to clean them and use some dielectric grease. Voltage seems fine on rest of car accessories. So I was thinking bad ground?

I'm likely gonna put yellow overlays on and stick factory halogens back in. I am getting to the point where I can't be bothered with this car anymore. 7 more months.

No. Never had to the past 2.5 years. Never needed em on fogs in past 2 vehicles either. Highs Lows in the past I have.

I had 2 diff relay harnesses and neither were long enough. Where can I find one a decent length to reach the pass for light.

Mine were both from eBay. Different sellers. Slight differences. But neither was long enough to go from battery to passenger side. The drivers side barely reached down to the fog.

My bad. I wasn't thinking about fogs. It may be worth calling TRS and see if they have one that they think would be long enough to run fogs. Your ballast placement may need to be ideally placed to give yourself the extra length you need. The other option would be to make an extension on the power lead, or replacing that power section to the fuse with a longer piece of wire from lowes/Home Depot. They sell stranded copper wire that would work for like a dollar something a foot. I'd call TRS first though.

Can anyone recommend a good bright deep yellow 3000kish LED H11 for my fogs...Or even a Halogen bulb...I am getting rid of the car this fall and just want something to stick in there till then...I am done screwing with HID's down there...Lows/Highs work fine KNOCK ON WOOD...Oh and please do not recommend KB/Xenon depot...I have already had a run in with them and got ripped off on here...Never again...THANKS!

Back