Fuel Efficiency Chart

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
CHARTS IN MPG & L/100KM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I put the last couple days to the test... on my Si!

Made a couple charts and did what i could to make a wide ranging scale of what fuel efficiency looks like dependent on your driving style I'm not gonna try and say too much i'll just post my finding

L/100KMs & MPG is on Y Axis, Scale is on X Axis

dMMqaFS.png

wbCxW6A.png

Great scale. It seems to be pretty accurate too based on what I've seen since I've had the car. I did notice that the extreme cold this week had an effect as well.

You slaughtered your limiter relentlessly to get those numbers? For how long? Did you use the fuel meter to get mileage, or track actual fuel usage?

Well like bouncing off the rev limiter every shift, pedal to the medal at all possible times even leaving the driveway. i did each for an entire tank of gas. so it should be accurate :)

Did this in the summer, moved some saved stuff i had over in saved files i had on my pc haha

so you drove an entire tank just bouncing on your rev limiter every gear and managed 10mpg?

so you drove an entire tank just bouncing on your rev limiter every gear and managed 10mpg?
that's right. race to and from work, raced to the stop light, even when slowing down, heal toe every gear, from 4to to 2nd. Launching at every stop light as if it was a drag strip.

Had this write up on 9thgc. and yess! A full tank of gas for each scale value haha. i actually have them all GoPro'ed haha but didn't end up uploading all the videos cuz they are all way too huge and some people don't care that much so i didn't feel it was worth the time. lol. Even this thread i was debating putting it up, but it really couldn't hurt.. or so i thought.

I agree. I think it's a great post. Maybe if you test it again, you can run a whole month for each driving style.......for accuracy of course.
haha donno how much my car would like em when i got to the 10th scale, also it may not hold up haha. 1 scale was the worst i was dieing haha

I think it's terrific!

You had to figure people would have some q's about it.
YESS! Also, the reason i didn't get the number off of just one take off, is because if you reset the computer and just floor it, i've gotten mine as bad as 63L/100km (so it's just not accurate) ;)

Well like bouncing off the rev limiter every shift, pedal to the medal at all possible times even leaving the driveway. i did each for an entire tank of gas. so it should be accurate :)

Did this in the summer, moved some saved stuff i had over in saved files i had on my pc haha

I take it , it was a rental ?

Back