Full race downpipe

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
Hey guys, I'm new to modding and don't know if I should add a catalytic converter to my full race downpipe? It's an additional $100 and if it's that much more what's the reason for having the catalytic converter on there.

Catalytic converters are for emissions. They convert the harmful gases (including carbon monoxide) into carbon dioxide. If you run a downpipe without a cat converter, you will fail the inspection (probably 3 years from now).

Catalytic converters are for emissions. They convert the harmful gases (including carbon monoxide) into carbon dioxide. If you run a downpipe without a cat converter, you will fail the inspection (probably 3 years from now).
Thanks for the response! Hmmm maybe it's worth the extra $100 to get it out of the way.

Hey guys, I'm new to modding and don't know if I should add a catalytic converter to my full race downpipe? It's an additional $100 and if it's that much more what's the reason for having the catalytic converter on there.
It just depends what state you are from. I'm from Texas and run skunk2 alpha catless headers along with mega power rr exhaust. My header came with a CEL eliminator so no codes will pop up. You'll pass your inspection as long no codes come on. But again depends how your state laws work.

Yup. Totally depends on state. I say get it so you don't stink out all the people who have to drive around you though! Much appreciated!

Yes. If you ever drive behind someone for any length of time that doesn't have a cat or have an old POS car where it doesn't work, it's bad. It gives me a headache pretty quickly but some people don't seem to notice. It's that bad smell you get behind certain cars. i don't know how to explain it but yea.

I always suggest people get it for the ease of passing emissions and for courtesy if nothing else. You don't have to get one and it does sacrifice some power.

Yes. If you ever drive behind someone for any length of time that doesn't have a cat or have an old POS car where it doesn't work, it's bad. It gives me a headache pretty quickly but some people don't seem to notice. It's that bad smell you get behind certain cars. i don't know how to explain it but yea.

I always suggest people get it for the ease of passing emissions and for courtesy if nothing else. You don't have to get one and it does sacrifice some power.
Ohh soo there's power loss without it? Guess I'm spending another $100 lol

I am running open dp since I live in a county without emissions. Just all depends on where your at...Tn isnt really all that bad though

Back