Full race downpipe

I am running open dp since I live in a county without emissions. Just all depends on where your at...Tn isnt really all that bad though
Yeah I am about to buy the Catless one. But I live on a Military base where there are military vehicles driving all around you so I don't think me being cat less will harm anymore. And I don't drive much anyway. I have been trying to keep the miles off my car.

So in the long run getting a coating wouldn't matter? Just thinking because it would eventually burn off. Any input?

It's not supposed to burn of nor should it rust but.... Depends on if you live near the beach or up north where it will be exposed to salt you might have some rust or the coating my chip off. But if you was your car and underneath you car I wouldn't see a problem getting it. Especially if you are planning to go supercharged.

Soo it okay to have a full race header catalytic converters in California. Just worry I might had to smog my car in future.

Soo it okay to have a full race header catalytic converters in California. Just worry I might had to smog my car in future.
Smog Inspection Exemptions
If your vehicle is 6 years old or less, you do NOT have to have your vehicle smog checked every 2 years. Instead, you’ll pay an annual $20 smog abatement fee for your first 6 years of registration. After these first 6 years, you will be subject to the regular smog check program.

====
you have 6yrs. You could still be pulled over by a cop and receive a ticket/fine for not having a catalytic converter on your car. The maximum fine is $2500 by the epa. Other car owners have reported fines in California of around $1500 for being caught.

It's not good to run open down pipe U lose power and back pressure and if ur running CATLESS u need a tune or else it won't run as fast as it should

you gain a small amount of HP without the cat, but it's definitely noticable on the low end. You'll also get a little more roar out of the exhaust.. personal preference honestly

I went catless and I like it despite the little whistle noise. Currently tuning with Vit. My question to all of you with any catless DP is are your cars passing inspection? I don't have the smog test to worry about but when I bring my car to Honda for inspection next month they will not doubt hear the difference in the car, would they not check to see if there is a cat and then fail it because you need one to pass? Any input, personal stories or solutions would be appreciated, starting to worry I bought the wrong downpipe.

Back