Full Race vs. Ultimate Racing

Michael Perez

Miami, FL
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I like both of these companies. Their 3in exhaust and Downpipes perform we'll. bit what are the differences? I'm trying to find out with sounds better but it's hard to do through video. It seems like the Full Race is deeper though. Any thoughts?

I have full race DP w/ cat back. It's very deep even before I put on the DP it was very deep. Not a typical honda sound at all.

That's the kind of sound I want lol. Deep. Is ur DP catted. We might have chatted on the 9thcivic Facebook page.

fritz Oh nice. Do u think catless would change the should a lot? Cause I don't have smog testing in Fl and its and extra 100 bucks

I think it def would change the sound. I have friends
fritz Oh nice. Do u think catless would change the should a lot? Cause I don't have smog testing in Fl and its and extra 100 bucks
who run catless (not our engine though) but it def has a dif sound. There's no restrictions so it should be a little louder.

I understand. But in my case loud isn't good it causes that "Honda sound" to be louder and more high pitched lol. I wish there were more 3in exhaust videos.

I think the catless ones sound raspier, but you'll get a good chunk more hp. I'm all about the gains, lol. Plus, the type of exhaust you paid with your dp will have a great effect in sound. The full race exhaust is the best sounding, imo.

I'm all about gains also.. Just not that raspy honda sound of the skunk2 exhaust or the N1

The only thing I had to go by was YouTube videos. From what I could tell, I liked the way the UR sounded, especially in the in-cabin videos. In all honesty, I think it could sound better than it does. However, it is very quiet in the cabin on the highway and at light throttle. I would imagine the FR product is just as good in quality. They both sound great with the stock down pipe, but when I bought my exhaust I couldn't find a video with the UR down pipe and the FR cat-back. When I installed the UR cat-back it sounded great, but after the install of the down pipe it was much louder and just not as crisp. It still sounds good, but not great.

Oh that's makes sense. Well thanks man that the kind of info I was looking for.
Is there anyway you guys could vids that show the UR and FR systems. That's would be greatly appreciated! It's just hard to make a choice with with people positively commenting on both systems lol

Just installed my ultimate racing catless down pipe. It's a little ricey sounding without some kind of cat. Video tomorrow. An exhaust should smooth things out in the sound department.

Powerwise, helllllll yeah, it owns. Instant power upgrade.

I have a question for the FR guys. Does your exhaust tip always have black soot on it? Mine gets it pretty much immediately after I wash it and I figured if the FR exhaust doesn't have that problem I might give it a try.

I have a question for the FR guys. Does your exhaust tip always have black soot on it? Mine gets it pretty much immediately after I wash it and I figured if the FR exhaust doesn't have that problem I might give it a try.
I can tell you right away, higher air flow the more black soot you're going to get. Get a rag and get used to wiping it often, unfortunately.

I can tell you right away, higher air flow the more black soot you're going to get. Get a rag and get used to wiping it often, unfortunately.
That sounds great in theory and I appreciate the response, but I was looking more for a reply from someone who has the combination I mentioned installed on their car. I keep seeing pictures of the FR exhaust and it doesn't seem to have the same problem and I figure it's either because they clean it after every time they drive or it has a lip that catches a lot of that soot.

I've monitored mine and I'm getting less soot build up with the UR than I did with the stock down pipe lol.

Back