Going back and forth between Tein S Tech and Prokit

elusiveaura

Have a 14 SI Coupe. I've read all the threads regarding both s-techs and prokits. I've never owned a pair of tein springs but I've had pro-kits on an 08 SI and a 07 S2000. Never had problems. Reason I'm hesitant on my '14 is because of the 50/50 reports of the popping noise when going slow or turning/speed bumps etc. I've heard good things about the s-techs but they seem to be fairly new compared to the pro-kits.

I'm looking to stay on stock shocks for now. I'm just mainly worried about the noise and the chance I'll get the noisy prokit issue. Should I stick with tein then or what? The drop on the prokits is 1.5-1.6 and the s-techs show anywhere from 1.2-1.8, right? I've tried reading through all the threads, just trying to make the best decision. (for my car) Any input about noise and why some of you decided between these 2?

What's weird also is some are saying that the same spring part#(eibach) for the 12-13 wont fit the 14-15 without rear isolaters. I'm getting really confused as to how some are having luck with them while other people say they don't work properly. Obviously they work because I've seen pics of them on cars on the forums but I'm not sure about all the misinformation. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking to buy these springs this evening if I can get some accurate information on compatibility and noise.

Last edited:
My car has been lowered on ProKit since April this year. I believe the part number is the same for the 12-13 springs, I ordered mine from TireRack. I daily my car approximately 50/60 miles each day. Sometimes from time to time I can hear some popping noise, but it's usually in the morning when it's cold outside. If you're afraid about the noise then don't hesitate and get H&R springs instead. @Nomar06 has them.;) I honestly haven't seen many cars lowered on Tein springs.

Here's a picture of how my car looks dropped on ProKit

20150422_101215_hdr-jpg.49802

I love how the drop looks on your car Michal, but what about the isolator question. People are saying use the 12-13 isolaters for our 14-15 models. Did you have to use anything different or just slap on the prokit?

Oh yeah, I also replaced my isolators when installing springs.

Part #'s
52461-TR0-A50

RUBBER, R. RR. SPRING MOUNTING(UPPER)

$9.13

$9.13

52471-TR0-A01

RUBBER, R. RR. SPRING SEAT (LOWER)

$9.48

$9.48

52466-TR0-A50

RUBBER, L. RR. SPRING MOUNTING(UPPER)

$9.13

$9.13

52476-TR0-A01

RUBBER, L. RR. SPRING SEAT (LOWER)

Well piss lol. This is getting more annoying the longer I research it lol. I'm guessing I can go to honda with these part#'s and they can order them? Will the prokit not install without these?

You already have them installed on your car, I just wanted to replace mine with the new ones. Better be safe than sorry.;)

You can also order from College Hills Honda if you don't mind waiting.

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/

Ah cool deal. My car only has 11k miles on it. Maybe its safe to use the stock? I see you only listed rear. These aren't in front as well? Sorry for the noob question and thanks for all your help.

As mentioned above, I have the H&R springs. Love them so far, just a bit firmer on the bumps compared to the stock springs. I've had the springs on for a month and a half and put them through quite the hard driving for about 2,000 miles or so already. I have only heard a popping noise about 5 times and that is when I am at a stop and have to turn the wheel full lock before moving. It doesn't happen all the time.

I did not buy the rubber isolators and have not had any issues.

I know I have a sedan but here is what it looks like with them on. More pics can be found on the last couple pages of my thread.... http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/im-baaaack-15-si-sedan.12857/

NomarSi.jpg

Ah cool deal. My car only has 11k miles on it. Maybe its safe to use the stock? I see you only listed rear. These aren't in front as well? Sorry for the noob question and thanks for all your help.

I don't think its a matter of "age" on them....maybe fitment.

Don't need them on the fronts as there are none like the rear ones.

You should definitely include H&R in your research

As mentioned above, I have the H&R springs. Love them so far, just a bit firmer on the bumps compared to the stock springs. I've had the springs on for a month and a half and put them through quite the hard driving for about 2,000 miles or so already. I have only heard a popping noise about 5 times and that is when I am at a stop and have to turn the wheel full lock before moving. It doesn't happen all the time.

I did not buy the rubber isolators and have not had any issues.

I know I have a sedan but here is what it looks like with them on. More pics can be found on the last couple pages of my thread.... http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/im-baaaack-15-si-sedan.12857/

View attachment 49805

I don't sign on too often, usually too busy but yes, I did end up ordering the Prokits. I hadn't signed on since the last post from Nomar.

Back