Grind 1st to 2nd at higher rpm 13 SI coupe

Spider210

I've repeated this several times and had someone else drive it and did the same thing.

This can't be Normal. Never had that issue with my 2012.si coupe

When shifts around 5500 rpm or higher from 1st to 2nd it grinds. This can't be good for synchro . Is this designed this way? Or is something out of adjustment?

I just don't want to have issues down the road and then they pull out the 'abuse' card on me

I had a tough time shifting into third,I got the billet pro SS and cable bushings and a moddication countersunk shifter and have had zero problems since the day it was installed,IMO the stock shifter is way too high and throw sucks.

Until Saturday night.......but billett pro is taking care if me,they are the most customer friendly place I've ever dealt with.i need this back on badly,it's my number one fav mod...

OP..... How many miles have you put on it so far?
Do you shift softly, or push the selector?

I'd say no diff then my previous civics si

Didn't know you were a politician, so I'll try to explain why I was asking in Pacifics. If you're push/pulling the stick, instead of softly, then as @bobshur said could be the linkage(which may or may not be different from the 12 &13, and if you're not letting the stick find it's way to the next selection(gate/gear), it can be wearing the cables and bushings faster than normal. If that's the problem having them change the stock parts with more stock parts isn't going to hack it, I'd go for aftermarket parts to make a better/tighter/smoother/etc. linkage. Which is a good way to go even if you can shift correctly. I was in the same position in the late 60's with my Triumph while doing a lot of racing in England, till someone showed me how to shift smoothly, which led me to victory, and a life long job driving semi's.

When linkage gets sloppy it makes it harder to go from one gate to the other, which allows the misdirection though the gate.

P.S..... Remember I don't know you or how you drive, so don't take this as a dig in your driving. You might be a great shifter, and there is another issue as in the link @webby gave you.

Back