GUYS AND GIRLS ,PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey everyone,

I have to sell the following items... stock suspension,stock exaust cat back,sway bars.I have no idea what is a price that will move them.my girlfriend comes home tomorrow from vacation and she is going to kick my a** when she sees this stuff sitting here.I was able to sell the tires quickly,probably because i gave them away(200).they had almost 90 percent tread left.The other parts are like new,the car only has 6400 miles and rarely sees rain and i cleaned them to look new.Please let me know what you think I should sell each for.Thanks

Hey bob,

Honestly, the cat back section isn't worth much to anyone since any full exhaust is going to come with that whole section. The axle-back portion would be worth a little except that it won't bolt right up to the R18 EX/LX models without some welding and modification. Sucks or you would have a quick easy sale there.

The rear sway would only be for someone going back to stock who already got rid of their stock one somehow. It's not a significant change to be worth "upgrading" to for the non Si folks. Perhaps someone would want it though. I can't say for certain. I woud look up the price on collegehillshonda site and put it at about half to start.

The stock suspension will be worth something at some point. People will be upgrading their suspension and wearing out their stock stuff. You won't have a problem selling it in a couple years, unfortunately not right now, as someone will be trading in and needing to put the car back to stock.

Put the stock stuff suspension in the HFP box and hide it. Hold onto the axle back.

^ yea but let's just say I basically did almost every mod while she was gone, the black wheels and the louder exhaust weds might be a give away , the lowering and aero kit may slip bye and the short shifter she will have no idea and tires are tires, it's going to be a tough sell ... This stuff looks new why did you replace it? Hmm... I may just put it aside, I thought people were buying the exhaust for ex and lx modems? Oh we'll ill post it one more time on cl and see what happens if nothing stored away it goes, maybe somebody will need the stuff for a wrecked one?

Just hide it somewhere until you can sell it. Thats what i did with my stock stuff and then slowly moved it into my family's garage when I realized my dorm room was full of scrap metal and wheels lol.

Or better yet, weld it together and paint it and say its "modern art"......

but im sure eventually someone will need the stock pieces for a repair/trading their car in

Re- coupling some cash would be nice too.

ditto but you wanna go the rest of your life hiding your hobbies from her?

at this stage it is just a gf better to weed them out now before you're stuck with that sort of bs forever.

you can train her, in the beginning my wife was the way I imagine your gf to be.

here we are years later shes lobbying for boltons and I'm saying chill stock is ok for now.

Just hide it somewhere until you can sell it. Thats what i did with my stock stuff and then slowly moved it into my family's garage when I realized my dorm room was full of scrap metal and wheels lol.

I have under the basement stairs... full stock suspension, primary and secondary cat, 16" alloy wheels (for winter), a stock steering wheel and a clutch pedal cover, stock air box and intake tubing... outta sight... outta mind...

Last edited:
Yea you guys are right, a couple years the suspension will pull alot more, man new it's got to be 7-8 hundred complete retail. It's all going on a shelf tomorow. What do you guys think 4 8 th gen with factory tpms are worth?( steelies).

ditto but you wanna go the rest of your life hiding your hobbies from her?

at this stage it is just a gf better to weed them out now before you're stuck with that sort of bs forever.

you can train her, in the beginning my wife was the way I imagine your gf to be.

here we are years later shes lobbying for boltons and I'm saying chill stock is ok for now.
It's not hiding really, I spoil her, she just going to want to do some shopping.... I might bend the truth about how much I paid...she did just go on vacation for 10 days! I think that's kinda even... Lol

^ she has zero interest in the car scene, never happen.she does like the 7 th gen to drive though. I refused to put a front plate on fit her Ohio state plate..

Reactions: Nix
Yea you guys are right, a couple years the suspension will pull alot more, man new it's got to be 7-8 hundred complete retail. It's all going on a shelf tomorow. What do you guys think 4 8 th gen with factory tpms are worth?( steelies).
like $200 with tires

No tires,just rims VGC,he wants like 150,I'm not sure how realistic it is.I took a pic with 9th civic on it,but I think it may be a waste of time.

The steelies, 16" are $67 new from collegehillshonda. TPMS sensors are about $30 each. I'd think that $50 a wheel would be pretty fair. Shipping will be a killer on those though. Heavy and large.

Last edited:
I'm going to post them later tonight, once I figure out the picture thing on here.

Back