Head light bulbs

Balt15Si

How in the world have you guys gotten to the low beam head light bulbs? I was going to put in some LEDs but there's no way Im gonna get my hand in there, at least on the passenger side, taking the battery out on the driver's side is an option sure, but the right side? How have others gotten in there ? removing the whole headlight assembly?

Without a projector housing, your LEDs really aren't going to work as they should. Also, you will probably be blinding other drivers. Look into a retrofit if you want to go LED

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Without a projector housing, your LEDs really aren't going to work as they should. Also, you will probably be blinding other drivers. Look into a retrofit if you want to go LED

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I was wondering about that, so you confirmed my fears, thanks for heads up, I'll not bother putting LEDs in the stock housing then, any pictures here of people who have done the retrofits?

I just did this. I have small hands and had a hard time myself. It's almost easier to remove the front bumper cover and remove the headlights. It's a little more work but less aggravation in the end.
I used led bulbs in my stock housing. I live in a rural area with long country drives and wanted more light. Also wanted to see if the led bulbs would stop the lights from dimming and then going bright at idle from what I've read is normal and they did .

I wouldn't recommend using led bulbs without the retro fit as well but I already have them so I'm leaving them in.

I just did this. I have small hands and had a hard time myself. It's almost easier to remove the front bumper cover and remove the headlights. It's a little more work but less aggravation in the end.
I used led bulbs in my stock housing. I live in a rural area with long country drives and wanted more light. Also wanted to see if the led bulbs would stop the lights from dimming and then going bright at idle from what I've read is normal and they did .

I wouldn't recommend using led bulbs without the retro fit as well but I already have them so I'm leaving them in.

You are not recommending LEDs because of what?

Light output isn't really worth potentially blinding oncoming traffic . It's not much better.

The problem is that 99.9% of people who install LED's, don't take the time to readjust the beams.

I have LED's in my low and high beams. As long as you've got good LED's and you actually take the time to aim the beams correctly, you're not going to blind oncoming traffic. Depending on which LED you go with, the light output will be equal to if not better then halogens.

The light output of the LEDs I have seem to scatter the beam a bit more than OEM. I see signs light up further away and higher up than before .Adjusting the beam will adjust the cutoff which is what you should be adjusting so if you out the cutoff lower I can't see that being a good thing . If you're just replacing the bulb there really shouldn't be any adjustment needed.
I haven't been flashed once since I installed them which is why I haven't switched back. Plus the headlights dimming and going back to bright while at idle annoyed me too much .

I'd like to do Hugh beams but mine are used as day time running lights. ( Canada ) and I don't want to deal with flickering.

I'd like to do Hugh beams but mine are used as day time running lights. ( Canada ) and I don't want to deal with flickering.
Ours here in the states are too, they are much brighter with the LEDs, but there's no flickering

I looked at those before I purchased my current set. Lots of reviews said they flicker .I really don't want to spend money on something I might not use because of flicker.

My low beam led bulbs cause radio interference too. The manufacture ended up giving me 50% back in order to buy a decoder that may help .Unfortunately the one they suggested is shipped from China .I ordered them like a month ago, supposed to be here in two more weeks .

If you're just replacing the bulb there really shouldn't be any adjustment needed.

I don't agree due to the fact that most LEDs will have a different beam pattern compared to halogens and will also vary from brand to brand. Some adjustment will be required. I have mine set perfectly. They have a nice output and a good distance/spread. I also have never been flashed once since adjusting them.

As far as brands go... I couldn't be happier with this brand. I have them in a few of my cars as well as my motorcycle and have recommended them to several people who like them as well. They have lasted me a few years with zero issues through all the seasons and do not flicker at all.

9005: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ6F2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9006: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ7BA/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't agree due to the fact that most LEDs will have a different beam pattern compared to halogens and will also vary from brand to brand. Some adjustment will be required. I have mine set perfectly. They have a nice output and a good distance/spread. I also have never been flashed once since adjusting them.

As far as brands go... I couldn't be happier with this brand. I have them in a few of my cars as well as my motorcycle and have recommended them to several people who like them as well. They have lasted me a few years with zero issues through all the seasons and do not flicker at all.

9005: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ6F2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9006: Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6NZ7BA/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dom are you using those as low beams in your Civic? And what "adjustments" were needed?

Back