Head light bulbs

The cutoff or the most intense part of the beam isn't changed when using LEDs which is what you're adjusting and why I don't agree with adjusting the headlights at all.

I compared led to halogen before I changed both lights and the beam was the same but there was much more scattered light.

The cutoff or the most intense part of the beam isn't changed when using LEDs which is what you're adjusting and why I don't agree with adjusting the headlights at all.

I compared led to halogen before I changed both lights and the beam was the same but there was much more scattered light.

Yes there will be some compared to halogens but nothing major, at least not with the bulbs I went with...

You dont have to agree but I'm comfortable with how mine are setup. They dont blind oncoming traffic and imho, the output is better then the stock halogens.

Yes there will be some compared to halogens but nothing major, at least not with the bulbs I went with...

You dont have to agree but I'm comfortable with how mine are setup. They dont blind oncoming traffic and imho, the output is better then the stock halogens.

As a licensed mechanic I can't agree with you .lol.

How do you know?

Because before adjusting them, i'd get high beam'd daily. After adjusting them, not once. I also had a a friend drive towards me on a few different roads at different distances and they're not blinding.

We can all see that modern cars that now have LEDs are naturally brighter than old halogens, I actually have 3 different vehicles to compare to now, my Civic, with it's stock low beams, a 14 Dodge Journey R/T which didn't come with LEDs, but I've replaced the low beams with LEDs, and my Wife's 18 Acura which did come with LEDs, her Acura is what made me want LEDs on everything I was driving, their amazing.
So I started with the Journey, maybe I got lucky but the low beam LED bulbs never get me flashed by other cars, the light is very bright but it doesn't scatter, the high beams are a joke now, I turn them on and I feel like a couple candles got lit in front of me, I've got to have LEDs for the high beams now.
So putting low beam LEDs on a 9th gen Civic could be a hit or miss sure, but I'll take the word from someone who's done it, because it sure is hard living with halogens after you've experienced the LED religion, yes they are brighter, but so is every new car that's running them now days, yes I know the housing is designed for LEDs, the top cut off in the Acura is like night and day literally, so I think it's worth trying, you can always go back.

Maybe some vehicles might need the headlights adjusted or certain bulbs but I compared both halogen and led bulbs on my car and the alignment was fine for the beam .Like I said though. Scattered light was much greater .if you adjust so the scattered light lower your beam is lower and I don't think that's a good idea.

Do what ever you'd like though.

Back