Hello all!

I'm a little late on the welcoming but welcome to the 9thcivic forum! :)

As for your suspension question on whether go with Tru hart or Koni's, is that even a question? Koni isn't known for nothing ya know... :coffee:
Agreed about Koni, although I've had fitment/performance issues with their products in the past (my MSP, FC RX-7 TT S4, and my 91 Celica All Trac/GT-4 to be precise). And being I'm relatively new to the Civic world everything is virtually a new ball game when it comes to parts. I have a bud of mine that I used to serve with, and on his 8th. gen Si he was sporting Tru Harts and loved them. So do believe my questioning of both brands to be rather valid.

Chris at redshift motorsports has done a ton of testing on the recent gen Civic suspension parts. He gave the Truharts a pretty good review. They are nice since they just bolt in where the Koni require quite a bit of fabrication to work. You have to cut the frton strut and bolt in the Koni insert. The rears are a bolt in though.

Really? I didn't know Koni's had such issues, or ever at all. I haven't looked into them for our 9th gens but on my 1G Crx they're basically unicorn parts in regards to performance and availability. Let us not forget that Formula1 competitors used to run mostly Koni's as well.

The Konis don't have issues but sometimes people miss that the fronts are not a bolt-in deal. Not a knock on them, just something to consider.

The Truharts are considerably cheaper, bolt in, and have a good endorsement from a well respected Civic suspension guy.

I have Koni Yellows. Love em'. They work great. However, I have two that are leaking within 4 years and 20k miles. I have a considerable drop spring and I do drive the heck out of them. I can't complain. Koni also makes several different levels of parts. Like most companies, they sell a spectrum of quality and performance. I'm considering going with a step down Koni Orange instead of Yellow or perhaps a Truhart front strut and Koni Yellow rear replacement.

You could get a set of custom Motons adapted from the prior 8thgen FD2 Chassis at a cost of over $5000 but would it be worth it? Thats the real break for most people. Cost/performance. I honestly think the HFP suspension is a great compromise for cost, performance, and comfort. Especially if you're not pushing the car hard very often.

The Konis don't have issues but sometimes people miss that the fronts are not a bolt-in deal. Not a knock on them, just something to consider.

The Truharts are considerably cheaper, bolt in, and have a good endorsement from a well respected Civic suspension guy.

I have Koni Yellows. Love em'. They work great. However, I have two that are leaking within 4 years and 20k miles. I have a considerable drop spring and I do drive the heck out of them. I can't complain. Koni also makes several different levels of parts. Like most companies, they sell a spectrum of quality and performance. I'm considering going with a step down Koni Orange instead of Yellow or perhaps a Truhart front strut and Koni Yellow rear replacement.

You could get a set of custom Motons adapted from the prior 8thgen FD2 Chassis at a cost of over $5000 but would it be worth it? Thats the real break for most people. Cost/performance. I honestly think the HFP suspension is a great compromise for cost, performance, and comfort. Especially if you're not pushing the car hard very often.

You make good points. How dropped are you from stock height? I know Koni's are not really recommended to go anything lower than 1-1.2 inches, but if I were to get Koni's I would be fine with that.

As you somewhat implied, it all depends on what the user is going for.

Finally! Lowered with H&R Sports, Dorman/SPC camber arms (rear), SPC camber bolts, and one costly stock alignment later and here she is:

Still need to install my 22mm. Progress with Moog endlinks/bushings though, which will hopefully be done next week.
The handling is a tad better than the stock 4x4 height... but the way the weather is right now, along with these crappy handling stock Michelin HX MXM4 tires, I'm going to take things easy until things clear up.
Will the 22mm. Progress actually make that big of a difference in the rear end handling? I hope so.

and the new ride height you have looks very good
Thanks! Can't wait for the weather to be more cooperative so I can clean/detail her properly. Plus, when it does warm up a bit, I need to get my tint redone (which is under warranty). It was supposed to be 35 F/20 B, but the tech only did 20% on the rear window and rest was done in 35%. smh. But the shop that did the work is rather cool, and will correct everything under warranty for free. :)

Back