Help me buy my rims! -taffey LX

If you're reusing the stock tires,... why not reuse the stock tpms sensors? Then you save yourself from having to buy another set....let alone pay to have the new set reprogrammed? TPMS sensors on tirerack are $144 for the set. When they unmount the stock tires, they can unbolt the stock tpms sensors and move them over to your new rims. If they charge you a fee to move them over, it would not be much at all.

Ya, I'm not sure how the TPMS sensors work, but I can tell you that I don't think my car even had them when I put on the Honda CRV 15" rims. Is that possible? Or did my local garage change them back and forth when I switched from winter tries (stock steel rims) to summer tires (CRV rims) and back. Could my garage be changing them back and forth and not charging me? Hmmmm...if I was a guessing guy I would say they are not needed because the rims are the same size. (?)

What does the sensor look like? I feel like going out and digging out some snow so I can get into my shed and check this out.

If you don't need them that'll save you some money.

Last edited:
Ya, I'm not sure how the TPMS sensors work, but I can tell you that I don't think my car even had them when I put on the Honda CRV 15" rims. Is that possible? Or did my local garage change them back and forth when I switched from winter tries (stock steel rims) to summer tires (CRV rims) and back. Could my garage be changing them back and forth and not charging me? Hmmmm...if I was a guessing guy I would say they are not needed because the rims are the same size. (?)

What does the sensor look like? I feel like going out and digging out some snow so I can get into my shed and check this out.

If you don't need them that'll save you some money.

Pauly the Canadian Civics don't have the sensors....well the Sis don't anyway.

If you're reusing the stock tires,... why not reuse the stock tpms sensors? Then you save yourself from having to buy another set....let alone pay to have the new set reprogrammed? TPMS sensors on tirerack are $144 for the set. When they unmount the stock tires, they can unbolt the stock tpms sensors and move them over to your new rims. If they charge you a fee to move them over, it would not be much at all.
Oh wow ! I did not know that at all!

Back