Help need Installing system into LX

Hey I have an Alpine MRP M500 mono amp lying around, just installed a 4 channel amp to replace it so it's just collecting dust. Is it still suitable for your needs?

And yes. It does light up blue haha

Hey I have an Alpine MRP M500 mono amp lying around, just installed a 4 channel amp to replace it so it's just collecting dust. Is it still suitable for your needs?

And yes. It does light up blue haha
Yes! Shipping will be a nightmare though. If you wouldn't mind checking the shipping maybe it could work.
I'll PM you.

So, if my very basic knowledge of stereos is correct, this is something like the set-up I have in my LX. ? (See diagram)
For my new set up I will need to disconnect all the current speaker wires and plug in 2 (?) RCA cables run and run them back to the Alpine F-300 amp that will be powering the 4 speakers. What about the Alpine F-500 mono amp? Will I be running a third RCA cable from the Head Unit as the signal for this amp? Does the stock HU even have 3 separate RCA connections?

image.jpg

These are the F-300 hook ups.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Stock won't have any RCA inputs. You will need to splice speaker wire to LOC which will give you RCA inputs. Or you could just use hi level inputs which uses speaker wire. Run head unit output to amp then amp output back to sstock speaker wire

Stock won't have any RCA inputs. You will need to splice speaker wire to LOC which will give you RCA inputs. Or you could just use hi level inputs which uses speaker wire. Run head unit output to amp then amp output back to sstock speaker wire

Is it better to use RCAs or speaker wire?

Last edited:
Hi level would be easier then you don't need a LOC and have to convert speaker wire to RCA. That my opinion. RCA make installs easy, but only if they have RCA outs and you just plug and play

Yup. You need a ground and remote turn on for the amp too. Other than that, it looks good
Okay. Thanks. This is getting a lot clearer for me.
The remote turn on is just a wire that goes from the HU to the amp right? (I added pics of all amp connections 7 posts up).

Last edited:
Ya. The head unit will have a remote wire. You can added it to a fuse tap too. Just a low voltage signal that tells the amp to turn on. Best to have it connected to something that's on only when the car is on or it will draw power when the car is off. And if you're playing music while the engine is off the amps will drain the battery pretty quick

Back