help with choosing a head unit

nat3d

Wait, I don't drive a civic anymore....
Adams MA
Vehicle Model
Ford Focus ST
Body Style
Hatch
im looking for a good double din unit that looks clean has a responsive touch screen and aux as well as ipod inputs. just cerrious what you guys are running.

Alpine ine-920r
atuqegun.jpg

im thinking im gonna go with the pioneer 3500bt and run typ rs all the way around

part one of my system and my decision for my head unit.

WP_20140103_17_16_36_Pro.jpg

Are these units plug n play and are fully compatible with steering wheel controls for 2013 civics??
not plug and play and you will need an adapter for your steering wheel controls as well as a dash kit to make it look right with your dash. if your doing it all yourself i HIGHLY recommend crutchfield.com or best buy but i see your in Canada and i dont think we have any stores up there.

not plug and play and you will need an adapter for your steering wheel controls as well as a dash kit to make it look right with your dash. if your doing it all yourself i HIGHLY recommend crutchfield.com or best buy but i see your in Canada and i dont think we have any stores up there.

Cool!
What do you mean by the adapter? is it visible? or mounted behind the dash?
Yes we have bestbuy and i can order online at crutchfield.com or that honda link that every one buys honda parts from. That radio trip piece , where did you get it? and did it come in matching colour or glossy carbon fiber?

You need an axxis steering wheel adaptor,or the controls won't work.Axxis is what I used.the metra dash kit is nice also,crutchfield included it with mine for free.

The ASWC-1 adapts the aftermarket radio for oem steering wheel AND hands free controls. But your aftermarket radio has to have bluetooth capability

Just to clarify, are you saying you are using this unit with full functionality of all steering wheel controls including bluetooth? I have really wanted an aftermarket unit but everything I was reading said you lose hands free features.

You lose Bluetooth hands free, but most quality h/u have a great Bluetooth. I don't miss it at all.

If you use ASWC-1, in the programming instructions step 6, let's you program hands free oem controls-specifically for the 2012-2013 civic ( as long as your aftermarket radio has bluetooth)

Back