help with choosing a head unit

Did you see my thread titled "Well almost done..."
no i didnt ill take a look see

Lol Alpine MRP-F550. A buddy was hurting for money and I bought it for $50.
damn lol. is that a little overkill or what do you recommend? i just texted my buddy and he thinks its a mrp-f300 (hes moving and its at his old place still) and the guy at crutchfield told me to go MRX-F65 which is a 650w amp....

will i be bumming if i buy the 300 off him?

I thought stock speakers on my 2013 LX were pretty good. Can anyone tell a difference with speakers swapped?
its like night and day.

(lol i had this typed this morning i just didnt click post i guess)

Night and day??? Wow I cant belive it.. I would think maybe 20-30 % better sound MAx.. Btw, I got LX so no tweeters. What do you recommend as my first step to upgrading sound system? Change all speakers? Eventually i would like to get a sub.. What are best speakers for my buck??
Also will they fit exactly or some mods needed??

i havent installed on ours so i dono about fitment. but as far as speakers i like alpine and kicker. if you have the cash alpine i feel is best but thats just me.

I have polks but eventually am going to get Alpine and a alpine amp to make my system 100 percent Alpine.The polks sound really clean,it may be a winter project next year

hi all u guys
I've got a 2013 civic LX which is somehow different to eastern made ones and ones in america market! see my HU picture below.
My question is if anybody can tell whether a dash kit is required for me to install a double din HU ?! iI'm not worried about steering wheel controls cuz it has no audio control nor bluetooth buttons.
image_9.jpg

i dont think so but i can look it up today at work assuming its not too busy

i couldnt look it up today man it was insane today. mondays are slow though so i should be able to tm. what you drive coupe or sedan and navi or navi?

Sedan LX 2013
actually it is a single din with a spacer pocket!
, I think it has already come with a dash kit like this one , not sure though.
http://76.12.243.69/i/bkhonk840.jpg

sounds to me there was a navi head unit or something which has already been downgraded to this cheap radio.
I wonder if there is any brackets compatible with double dins in there? I hate disassembling the dash twice. wish somebody could throw a clear idea.

yeah there is a kit for your car for both a single and a double din. after looking at it it looks like it will just be brackets. just head to your local best buy there only 20 bucks

hi all u guys
I've got a 2013 civic LX which is somehow different to eastern made ones and ones in america market! see my HU picture below.
My question is if anybody can tell whether a dash kit is required for me to install a double din HU ?! iI'm not worried about steering wheel controls cuz it has no audio control nor bluetooth buttons.
image_9.jpg
Is that stock? That looks like a radio from a 90s year model honda. Either way even if the opening is big enough for double din with that taken out you will need something to mount a head unit too. So you will need an installation kit.

yeah there is a kit for your car for both a single and a double din. after looking at it it looks like it will just be brackets. just head to your local best buy there only 20 bucks

thanks bro. do u know the bracket name or part number in bestbuy? i can order them online then .

Is that stock? That looks like a radio from a 90s year model honda. Either way even if the opening is big enough for double din with that taken out you will need something to mount a head unit too. So you will need an installation kit.
actually this models are for export to middle east, it only got cruise control on steering wheel, no i-mid, no back up camera and lacks a lot of more options. there are premium ones for port though.
as nat3d commented, i suppose i need the brackets to mount a double din and thats all. the bezel is fine i assume.

Back