Honda CVT Fill Plug

Davvid Wobken

My 2014 Honda Civic had the CVT fill plug pop out. I had it towed to the Honda Dealer and they said that extended warranty would not cover it. I read prior post that a lot of people had this problem. I am wondering if any problem with the CVT should be covered the extended warranty.

"The vent may be clogged and pressure is building up and then popping the plug"

"I'm gonna try doing this.... I put a thin layer of Permatex grey around the plug hoping that it will "fill up" the space."

WDG7hjQ.jpg

25615-5T0-004
oem part

you'd prob have to file a complaint with corporate
(800) 999-1009 toll-free
Mon. - Fri.: 6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific

don't let them weasel out of a new tranny, they will try anything to not give you anything. Won't give you stupid plug. Plug them with a new tranny.:box:

People say the replacement will do the same if the vent is plugged. It won’t change anything.

:vtec: Very possible the whole tranny is now junk. I would get a second opinion from a independent source other than this dealer who seems to want to get out of repairing the car correctly. Extra money warrantee that was taken out- should include the tranny. This repair is expensive. Honda auto tranny's are a known problem area. The standard tranny s are different and are very good.

The Honda dealership said the tranny is junk. Now I have to fight them to replace it. The Honda mechanic tried to say that I installed the plug wrong.

I’ve never had that problem mines a 14. Maybe it wasn’t on all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smfh mine just popped off. Anyone out a new plug on it to see if it works? What vent might be clogged? My transmission is spotless. Fresh fluid fresh transmission filter.

0F1351A2-161E-4417-91D8-801049D70796.gif

So the vent is listed as #3 towards the top of that helps you

Do you have an actual picture? I think I know what you’re talking about. Does it look like a small breather hole?

I saw on other forums and from someone that makes a lot of YouTube videos on these cars saying it’s a common problem with them and to replace the plug. Mine comes off easy I noticed too. I remember when the car was newer it had suction to it.

Oh wait is that #3 a rubber piece?

Is that by the hood latch in that pic? Is that your car? I don’t have a cvt to get a picture. It should be on top of the transmission.

It’s under the thermostat housing on the left of the transmission if you are facing it. I found the picture off another forum but it’s my car.

How do I even clean it? I change my fluid every year and changed my filter at 100k but plan on doing it every 25-30k now. It seems a good amount of other people are having the same Problem. It’s a stupid design and there should be a recall on the plug.

There is a fill plug!? I just fill my wife's Insight through the dipstick port.

Back